TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2022, 08:18 PM   #1
mtnfarmgirl

Default Air Conditioner isn't Draining

My air conditioner drain hose was clogged with mud dauber gunk. I used a drain thingie (long narrow with little spiky things on the sides, usually used to clean hair from tub drains) to remove all the mud. It is still not draining. This is a 1990 TM 22 with a side AC unit. What should I do first to trouble shoot?
mtnfarmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:34 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnfarmgirl View Post
My air conditioner drain hose was clogged with mud dauber gunk. I used a drain thingie (long narrow with little spiky things on the sides, usually used to clean hair from tub drains) to remove all the mud. It is still not draining. This is a 1990 TM 22 with a side AC unit. What should I do first to trouble shoot?
Is the condensate pan flooding?
Old 05-13-2022, 12:47 PM   #3
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Pop the shroud off the A/C and look at the tray. I wonder if the mud daubers built on the condensate tray and you only snakes a hole through the middle of it, leaving a mound around the drain hole.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:20 PM   #4
mtnfarmgirl

I don't know but I will find out. I'm learning as I go and I will check on Sunday when we head back over to where our TM is stored. Thank you for
Old 05-13-2022, 09:24 PM   #5
mtnfarmgirl

I had the shroud off when we were on our trip but didn't see or look for a pan. There wasn't any water leaking anywhere that I noticed but I will check on Sunday when we head back over to where our TM is stored. Thanks for giving me an idea where to start. I'm hoping this is the answer because it seems like a quick fix. AC worked great the whole week we were in FL. I just want to be proactive and keep it running lol
Old 05-13-2022, 11:29 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnfarmgirl View Post
I had the shroud off when we were on our trip but didn't see or look for a pan. There wasn't any water leaking anywhere that I noticed but I will check on Sunday when we head back over to where our TM is stored. Thanks for giving me an idea where to start. I'm hoping this is the answer because it seems like a quick fix. AC worked great the whole week we were in FL. I just want to be proactive and keep it running lol
Your trailer is 32-years-old. What do you think the chances are of the A/C unit being the original one?

For years now, room air conditioners have been made with a water recirculation system that takes the condensate water (that collects in a pan under the evaporator coils) and sprays it back on the condenser fins to aid in dissipating the heat and most (if not all) of that water evaporates and goes through the fins and out the vent, as a vapor..

It may just be that you have no condensate water left to go through the tube.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:57 PM   #7
mtnfarmgirl

I know for sure it's the original AC unit. This camper was my grandpa's. Everything in it is original. For better or worse lol I still haven't made it over to check it out but I'll update as soon as I do.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:21 AM   #8
jessicatcampos

First off, let me introduce myself, I'm new to the forum. Sorry to hear about your air conditioner trouble. Sounds like a real pain in the butt!
The first thing that comes to mind is that your AC unit might be low on refrigerant. This can cause your unit to freeze up and not drain properly. If this is the case, you'll need to call in the pros to recharge your system. They provide a bunch of tips and tricks for troubleshooting AC problems, as well as expert advice on when to call in the professionals.
jessicatcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:56 AM   #9
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the forum, but this is almost a year old post. What version of TM do you have? You might want to add that to your signature block, so it's easier to answer questions.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 04:04 PM   #10
jessicatcampos

Since the mud dauber gunk is causing issues, it's smart to troubleshoot. First, check if there's any debris left in the hose. If it's still not draining, you might want to inspect the entire drainage system for blockages or leaks. Also, considering the effects of mold is important, especially with stagnant water.
jessicatcampos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, appliances