TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #31
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Tim -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Tim View Post
Bill, people are still going to find that info on trailmanor whether we post it on this board or not. I feel that it would be better to post the link and explain (and discuss) why some of the information there should not be taken seriously.
I agree. That's what the original linked thread set out to do.

Quote:
Maybe you should consider posting a stickie of things we should not be talking about on the board.
Don't be snide.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #32
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Whatever

Tim
Old 01-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

I have to agree with Bill! The original post was a question! Post # 10 the original poster agreed with the majority! The original poster has not been back since! Trial member probably ran out of time! End of story!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #34
moaboy

With all due respect, perhaps our moderator should look up the definition of "forum."
Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #35
happybeebob

Bill:
Just want to take a minute to say thanks for what you do on the Forum. The Moderators job is certainly one that I would not relish. Same things being rehashed at different times by different people must make things rather hectic. Just saying that I and a lot of others appreciate it.

Bob
Old 01-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #36
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

Earl, the irony is that i also agree with Bill.

Tim
Old 01-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #37
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb&Tim View Post
As for wildly repetitive, sorry, had not noticed that.

Bill, people are still going to find that info on trailmanor whether we post it on this board or not. I feel that it would be better to post the link and explain (and discuss) why some of the information there should not be taken seriously.

Maybe you should consider posting a stickie of things we should not be talking about on the board.

Tim
I agree 100%.

I also think as an Owner's website it might be a good idea for the site/moderator to maybe contact Trailmanor and let them know how ridiculous their tow vehicle information is and the danger they are disseminating.

Koz
Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #38
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybeebob View Post
Bill:
Just want to take a minute to say thanks for what you do on the Forum. The Moderators job is certainly one that I would not relish. Same things being rehashed at different times by different people must make things rather hectic. Just saying that I and a lot of others appreciate it.

Bob
Not for nothing but the Moderator has to understand that every member does not read every post on the site before they post and should expect certain subjects to be constantly repeated and not get annoyed!

Koz
Old 01-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #39
rumbleweed

Experienced TM owners have provided lots of technical data and experience as to why this TV should not be used to tow aTM. At this point maybe what is needed is to have a new owner tow with Rav4 and post their experience.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #40
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
My brother was driving a 1974 Pinto Station Wagon across the desert on his way from California to Yellowstone.

Somewhere along the way he saw a "dust devil" (aka mini tornado). He thought it would be fun to try to hit it...
This proves what I've always thought: You shouldn't try to hit anything with a 1974 Pinto.

The RAV 4 has a similar power train, about the same weight, and a slightly shorter wheelbase than my Highlander. If I were a flatlander and I could find a hitch receiver that could responsibly support a 500# tongue and a WDH, I might try it, knowing that I'd need to take it easy and keep speed under control. There are possible implications for a vehicle under warranty.

The best advice comes from TM owners with personal experience, IMO.

I just started a new thread that contains a spreadsheet to calculate your axle loads with a TrailManor and a WDH. You might try the numbers for a RAV4 and see how they come out: http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12552
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote