TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
zemmels

Unhappy Front shell askew

I've read through many messages about the torsion bar system for assisting with the opening and closing of the TMs. I have a 2000 TM with the newer style torsion system as well (as far as I can tell).

When we open the front shell, it hangs to the side some, askew from the camper. We need to put some effort to push it over a bit to lock in the corner latches that hold it in place. More than my wife and son can handle.

I am not familiar with aft, lee side type descriptions, so I'll say viewing the camper standing at the hitch. If you are facing the front, it is off to the right a bit. I am opening this after leveling it too.

If I need to move the opened shell to the left, do I turn the torsion screws on the right side up? Do I do both on the right, front and back?

Thanks in advance!
Dan
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Rich_in_Tampa

Is your TM parked level? Not just to the eye, but using a level?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
PopBeavers

My 2005 TM 2720 has that problem. The front shell street side bows out where the front support arm attaches to the shell. I need to push the shell in about 2 inches before I can attach the latch.

Long term it makes me nervous.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
zemmels

Default Level as level is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
Is your TM parked level? Not just to the eye, but using a level?
Yup. I've checked the level and we are pretty much right on.

Thanks. -DZ
Old 07-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
zemmels

Are you describing the actual shell wall is bent out? For me, the entire front shell is off to the side as a unit, not just the wall.
-DZ
Old 06-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #6
zemmels

Default Got it fixed

Our local RV dealer (Hilltop Trailers) recently got a TrailManor dealership added to their offerings. (I believe the first time they saw a TM was when we brought ours in for the Equalizer install.) Along with that came TM training for their crew.

For around $300, we were able to get a new alignment of the front supports and a new aluminum locking piece. This also fixed the alignment for our door how the front and back fit together as well.

Happy to have this working (well) again!

Dan