TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
mtnguy

Default Can't Make This Stuff Up!!

I hooked the TM up this morning and headed to Harrisonburg for the annual Virginia state inspection. That trip included a trek over the Blue Ridge mountains, and running a bunch of errands.....a total of ~80 miles.

The missus and I took the dog for a walk this afternoon, mostly fields around our subdivsion, but also about 1/4 mile of road into our neighborhood. On the road, I saw a small piece of aluminum flatbar, and kicked it off of the road so it wouldn't damage a vehicle. Realizing that I kicked it into an area where a neighbor mows this part of the road, I went to kick it further into the brush behind a guardrail. When I did that, I noticed some numbers on the flatbar that were apparently on the bottom during my 1st kick off the road. I picked the metal up to inspect it further, and realized that it was a serial number, probably from a trailer. At this point, I decided to take it home.....just in case. After comparing it to my title.....you guessed it, this was the VIN # plate from my TM. What are the odds of all of this coming together, after all of those miles today, after all of the bumps in the road that it could have been jarred off, that it would fall off on a relatively smooth part of road just a couple hundred yards from my house??? Unbeliveable!!!

Is there anybody else out that the VIN # plate fell off of their TM??? And if you couldn't locate your plate, what did you do to prove that your particular TM was now the TM on your title?? I have just never heard of a VIN plate falling off before.

Signing off now......I am headed out to buy some lottery tickets.

Chap
Old 01-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #2
wmtire

That's definitely a long odds story there, Chap. Sounds like you lucked out.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
larsdennert

Just wait until it morphs back into the terminator...