TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
Sketcherb

Default Newbie Technical Questions with Roof / Door

We are new owners of a 1999 3124KB and we LOVE it. This forum has been very helpful in helping us find answers to common questions. Glad to have such a great resource for those "little" questions. I thank you in advance for your help!

Last night we had a huge rainstorm. We had leaking around the door seal, which I have determined is due to the trailer not being perfectly level in our driveway, and the prior owner put fat weatherstripping around the door which was actually holding it open, combined with the rain gutter not working so water ran on the inside of the door. Had quite a bit of water on the kitchen floor and the wood door box.

I am going to tighten and caulk the rain gutter. Can someone look at their door and let me know if there is factory weatherstripping, and if so is it attached to the TM or the door? Any advice? Is it all the way around or just on the lock side and top?

The more worring problem is water was dripping from the light above the kitchen sink. Looks as though water is leaking from somewhere on the roof and following the path of least resistance to the light. Not sure where to caulk, but I am going to get on a ladder tonight.

Lastly, does anyone have a problem where the lights in the dining room rub on the roof of the back section when traveling? We noticed the lights have actually caused the paint to rub off. I am going to use those RV stick on plastic squares to solve the problem, but may need to adjust the way the TM closes to give the lights a half inch of room.

Anyone have experience solving these little problems?

Thanks so much for any advice before I start my caulking project!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Although our TM shells seem to be well aligned, we too have have the problem of those lights rubbing on the roof. Sometimes we would remember to take the lenses off. We haven't seemed to have the problem so much in the past few times we've towed; perhaps the shells have somehow loosened up from travel.

We have experienced a bit of a drip from the main light (where these same lenses are). I think it may be coming in from the seal around the skylight. When I get a chance I'll add some more sealant to the rim of the skylight.