TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
firemanhessey

Default Model year changes? 2006-2010

I am looking at purchasing a TM. 2006-2010. 2720qb. Is there a thread that lists the model year differences. I have noticed that they are all pretty similar. could use some help. would like to make an informed decision.

Thank you
firemanhessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
clown9644

Your right, there are very few model changes. That is one of the beauties of TM. If a model is selling because it is right, leave it alone. Yes there are upgrades in appliances, etc. and they are done sometimes in the middle of the year. The big changes, such as replacing almost all wood with aluminum was done before 2004. Basically when they come up with a really slick idea, it seems to come out as a new model. If they come up with something that really works you can almost always buy the upgrades and install them, such as the new seals along the bed sides that came out last year. The new sink spigot that allowed a taller kitchen sink came out a couple of years ago and is probably the most difficult and expensive change made on the same models.
By the way, I know where there is a really nice 2004, 3023 for sale. Sorry could not resist.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Scott O

At some point, I have heard during the 2006 model year, they began to include the lift kit (or a modified axle) which raised the TM. This has allowed a change to 15" wheels, which most will consider a major improvement. Most TM changes are incremental rather than monumental!
Old 10-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
moaboy

Historically most of the changes over the last 8 years has come in odd number years according to a TM rep. It seems like every few years they do make more significant changes like happened in 2009 when they offered the 25th anniversary edition. Many of those features were incorporated in late year 2009 models and those going forward. I would suggest visiting the TM website, see what new models offer and compare them with what older models may not have. See if there are features u really like. Of course it all has to square with your budget.
Have fun looking...