TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
daveinfl

Default Just saw the 2006 2720

We just got home from seeing the 2720. We both liked it alot. Even the bathroom. Owners have taken good care of it and kept it in the garage. The protection around the plumbing makes really good sense. And it was done well. The "seals" all looked good. The tires are new and have a higher rating for heat and weight.

The only problem is that it is about 4 inches to long to fit in our garage. My wife and I are going to remeasure tomorrow. Maybe if we turn it slightly it will fit. Will have to wait and see. If I could only take off the rear bumper some way.
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
daveinfl

Default Fitting into garage

I had a thought. I need about four inches to get a 2720 in the garage. Does it hurt the TM to sit on an angle. I might be able to gain the needed four inches by lowering the tongue. Just a thought.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Regarding cold weather: I spent a weekend camping last winter, and it got to 9° one night. No problems. I had the thermostat set to 62º, and we were comfortable all night. Raised it to 70° when I got up, and it warmed right up. Graywater tank valve froze, but if I had thought to put some salt down the drain, that likely would have kept the valve from freezing, also.

It stayed below 25° the entire second day. We were never cold, as the heater kept the inside at 70° without running all the time. No water lines froze. In our 2417, the fresh tank is in the same compartment as the water heater, so it stays warm enough to not freeze. All other pipes/hoses are inside the unit, and insulated from the outside. I see no issues with camping when it is freezing, unless it stays below 15° for a few days straight. Even then, I cannot say that there would be problems.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Doubt lowering the tongue will net 4 inches, some maybe 4 ?????

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
webfoot

Does it already have tongue with a swing hitch? That will reduce the length by 2 feet I think.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #16
rshenise

Default New TM owners

My wife and I decided to purchase a used 2720 after seeing a friends TM.
We found one in PA and found it to be in excellent condition. I spent a day cleaning the exterior when we got it home..I am very happy with the TM and looking forward to our first camping trip in OCT with our TM friends.
rshenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #17
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinfl View Post
We just got home from seeing the 2720. We both liked it alot. Even the bathroom. Owners have taken good care of it and kept it in the garage. The protection around the plumbing makes really good sense. And it was done well. The "seals" all looked good. The tires are new and have a higher rating for heat and weight.

The only problem is that it is about 4 inches to long to fit in our garage. My wife and I are going to remeasure tomorrow. Maybe if we turn it slightly it will fit. Will have to wait and see. If I could only take off the rear bumper some way.
As said above, does it have the swing hitch? If so, that's 2 extra feet of space. If you're still short 4 inches even with the swing... well, I've heard that there are welders out there who can make the whole tongue removable, which would gain you that extra space. I've also heard tale of someone who decided to put the TM in nose-first, and built a cut-out box in the wall where the nose of the hitch needed the extra few inches of space, so they were able to fit that way.

Keeping the TM tilted for storage would only impact the fridge. I simply don't know if long term storage (not use, but storage) of the ammonia absorption system on an angle would be detrimental or of no effect. Perhaps someone else here can comment on that. Personally, I'd modify the tongue and fix the problem that way.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
daveinfl

Default Going To Plan B

Well everyone, the 2720 just won't work out. It was a very nice trailer. It had an electric tongue jack, special and very nicely done protection for the plumbing underneath, swing hitch, extra shelves, extra cabinets, heat strip in the ac unit along with a heater, awning ... everything we were looking for. But it is just to long for our garage.

Unfortunately many of the garages in our area (especially in condos and townhomes) are only 18 feet deep. I completely cleaned out half of my garage yesterday on the side we would park the trailer. I laid out the dimensions that we took on Saturday. I tried it straight in, turned left a bit, turned right a bit, and even with the tongue down. Nothing would work short of cutting off the rear bumper. So now we have to go to plan B.

We are now looking for a 2619. They don't seem to be as widely available as the 2720, so it may take a little time. I see TrailManor no longer has the 2619 on their site. I think they have 2714 instead with a cassette toilet. Does anyone know what years they made the 2619? Just curious.

Also ... I have been looking for trailers primarily on Craigslist and rvtraders.com. Can anyone suggest another site?

Again. Thanks for all the comments.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
Beak12

It looks like your set on some kind of TM so you might want to join this forum. If you don,t at some point you will not have full access.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default oodle.com

This 2001 2619 was posted on oodle.com on Sept 20th. I assume this year it does not say the year it was posted...and it is in Daytona, Fl. I am in no way connected to this Trailmanor.

http://rvs.oodle.com/detail/2001-tra...-www-_-NA-_-NA

I looked at oodle from a different direction...by going in another door..and it was posted 3 days ago.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote