TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
BannedUsers

Default need a battery box and tool compartment to fit

need a battery box and tool compartment to fit my used 2006 2720 TM. I would like to get a battery box that is partitioned in two to allow for a battery and a compartment for tools ect. does anyone know a source where I can find one that would fit the 2720?
thanks
062720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Some of our members have built a box (for various purposes) that lives in the A-frame up front. The thread would probably be in the Exterior forum, but might be in Tips and Tricks. At any rate, a few minutes with the Search tool should bring up several discussions.

We've seen mention of several heavy plastic boxes that are designed to accept two batteries, but I don't recall seeing one with a partition. I might hesitate to put tools in the same enclosure as a battery, because the occasional fine mist of battery acid (the reason battery terminals eventually corrode) might do some damage to the tools. But I admit I have not tried it.

If you find or make a solution, let us know. I bet it would be popular.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Some of our members have built a box (for various purposes) that lives in the A-frame up front. The thread would probably be in the Exterior forum, but might be in Tips and Tricks. At any rate, a few minutes with the Search tool should bring up several discussions.

We've seen mention of several heavy plastic boxes that are designed to accept two batteries, but I don't recall seeing one with a partition. I might hesitate to put tools in the same enclosure as a battery, because the occasional fine mist of battery acid (the reason battery terminals eventually corrode) might do some damage to the tools. But I admit I have not tried it.

If you find or make a solution, let us know. I bet it would be popular.

Bill
thanks bill. I appreciate your advice. prior to posting this I used google and the search on this site. the search did not yield any results. do you have to search while in the exterior section to get a result? I searched "battery box"
062720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

NOCO makes what they call a size 24-31 that uses a partition. Its intended for the the different size batteries. But like Bill I wouldn't want to place any hand tools in with the battery.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Take a look at this thread. HarveyRV did a solar installation and in Post #39 he shows both a double wide battery box and his cutoff switch.

Read the whole thread too, there is a lot of good information there...

HTH, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote