TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Default Leaks, need advice

O.K. I've a new to me owner of a 2006 2720SL. I've been testing everything and found a few leaks.

1) There is about two tablespoons of water right above the fresh water holding tank. This may not be a leak, but rather condensation. I can't find where it is leaking and no water on the floor.

2) I tried to put water into the city water line and it seemed to leak from the connection, like it was plugged or running too fast. I had the kitchen faucet open and think I may need to clean this out or I had too much pressure coming out of the hose. I put the hose in the top fresh water hole (for adding water when not near a hose and it worked fine. Does that sound reasonable? This was interesting as I forgot to close the valves before adding water.

3) There are two leaks on the left of the two freshwater valves. I read the manual and it appears that it's either the hot or cold high pressure lines. I did not notice these until I tested the pump. The first leak is right at the bottom of the valve, so it appear that I need to replace this one. The second one, or the one that really bothers me, is coming form above the insulation and dripping over it. I turned off the pump and it seems to have almost stopped. I'm going to attempt to see if I can figure it out by myself. Any thoughts?

4) When I run the AC, the discharge seems to run right off the top of the unit, down the sides of the TM. Is that normal? I could not find info about that in the TM owner's guide or the AC manual. I would have thought that they would drain via a pipe to the side or bottom instead of just running down the side.

Also, is there a set of diagrams for the plumbing? I did not see any looking around the owner's forum.

Thanks everyone for help for this newbie!

Theresa
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

O.K., just found plumbing systems drawing on the water heater how-to thread.

One down. I'm going to look again and make sure nothing bad is happening after lunch. May drain the water tanks and start from scratch later today.

Thanks!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
Bill's Screen Door kit

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
ThePair
TrailManor Master

1. I had this on my brand-new TM. Turns out the drain in the kitchen sink was a little leaky, and wouldn't sit flat on the sink. I unscrewed the drain and reseated it using a little plumber's putty, screwed it back in and no leaks/water since. You may also want to check to make sure the vent/overflow tube is connected to the outside properly; mine isn't (for now), so that's a source of water on the tank as well, if you overfill the tank.

2. City water -- you should be using a pressure regulator when you hook up a hose to this outlet. The rule of thumb I've always heard is no more than 45 PSI should be going into that port, and there's a one-way valve right behind that port. So, if you're coming in with a lot of pressure, it's possible that you're getting some back-pressure and that's the cause of the leaking around the hose. Conversely, if the one-way valve is somehow blocked, then you'd get no (or very little) flow into the TM at all, just leaking around the hose connector.

3. I'm not getting a good picture of where the leak is coming from, so I can't hazard a guess until I get a little more info

4. Sounds about right. That's what mine does, at least.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

1) This could also be water leaking from the 1.5" water fill hose. If you fill up the tank until it overflows, this 1-2 foot long hose going from the top of the tank to the wall fills up with water. It's not the proper kind of hose to connect to that tank fitting, so that water can leak out where it connects to the tank. So either don't fill the tank till it overflows, or replace the hose with one that is smooth on the inside.

Bill made a plumbing schematic, but I cannot find where he posted it. Another member added to it for a project in post #2 of this thread:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10458

....simply ignore what he drew in red, and that's Bill's original drawing that represents OEM equipment.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Bill's plumbing diagram is posted in the tmphotos.org - XoopsGallery2

http://tmphotos.org/modules/xoopsgal...?g2_itemId=176

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

It took some work and lots of looking around and found the cause of the leak. The cold water was leaking at the knob on the inside of the wall. After taking off many items in around and behind the two drain valves. Finally figured it out. Gained access by unscrewing the the wall jut just above the shower faucet.

Good thing this happened now. When I took out the outside shower to peek around, the hose to the shower broke off. I went to home depot and got a valve plug until I can get a replacement hose. Since I got the right plug, I can go back and get another one for the hot water and finish testing the water systems tomorrow. Then I'll put everything back.

And my husband said as I was on the ground fixing this, "Who said this was easier than tent camping?

I think it will all be worth it. Found a leak in a LP hose connection this weekend as well. Hoping I can find it local and not have to order.

Theresa
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
Bill's Screen Door kit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]