TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
happylogan1

Default Interested FLoridian

Greeting

Any Florida campers here? We can do long weekends and 3-4 day camps. Half day to get there. I am mainly concerned about the interior condensation, air circulation and efficiency of the A/C.

Can anyone give insight regarding the functionality of a TM for use in Florida?

It's not always 88 and 50% humidity- not always
Old 10-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #2
viking

We have had our TM for 2 years now and live in North Florida. We use the TM usually once a month. The AC works fine. We were in the Keys 2 weeks ago and the thermometer on the picnic table read 100 F and inside the camper we had the AC on low and it was comfortable. More importantly the refrigerator kept the drinks cold. We have been in some good rainstorms and the TM kept us dry. The toilet works fine in hot weather as long as you use enough chemicals in it as directed (translated no smell - just keep the lid down when not using). If I were to do it all over again based on our camping needs I would still purchase a TM. The other selling point to the TM when I was looking to buy a new camper was this website. The owners on this website can give you a lot of excellent information on how to use, enjoy and maintain your TM. Hope you join us!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
ib4classics

WE are in Panama Beach now. Been here about 10 of 30 day stay.
When we arrived we had a couple of very hot and humid days, a/c and fridge worked great. Then we had a couple of days of heavy rain and wind, lows in the 40's, the roof combo heat and air coupled with a small ceramic heater worked great.
Setteled in to more normal temps and all is well.
No leaks,no smell, very comfortable.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Larryp1941

Default Sarasota Campers

We camped at Koreshan 2 weeks ago and it was a miserable 95 degrees both days. The a/c worked very well allowing me to reduce it to the low setting after about 2 hours on high. We have noticed no interior condensation. This unit works measurably better than the little window unit I had in my Aliner.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
happylogan1

Thank you- those ae all real FLorida weather condition: hot then windy then rainy and then a combo of all three at once. We are in the Palm Beach area. First I was looking at the pops w/screens, you know the ones but then I realized that if we experience a non pleasurable camping event that may/will turn the tide... translated- happy wife-happy life. I have a fullsize Ford Bronco with 351 for tow. We tent camped at Lake Kissimmee State Park recently and that is where I spotted a TM. I am new to the travel trailer arena but from the limited research I've dome the TM seems reliable.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
tdepouw

We have a 2005 and use it all over and find it works out great. We stay just south of Gainesville at Paynes Prairie when we visit our daughter. The air will always handle the temp & humidity, it is a little noisy when watching TV.