TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
modhatter

Default Bottle neck jack

I read a couple of weeks ago that you need a bottle neck jack for changing a tire. OK, being a female and not very automotive savy, I figured, OK, I'll just go on Amazon and type in bottle neck (or bottleneck) jack, and there and behold I would see what the heck it is and what it looks like.. Well no such luck. I even googled it and still nothing.

Could a slightly more mechanically minded person, please give me a link to what one looks like, and also the recommended weight it needs to be. I have a 2007 TM 2619.

One other question: Water pressure gauge. There seems to be a wide range of costs on these. I am getting tapped out with all my new purchases to be travel ready, so I don't want to spend more than I need to, but on the other hand I don't want to get something that will not be sufficient. Are the metered ones really necessary? Any recommendations on one of these?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Redhawk

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...tegory=&q=jack

Try this, any of these should work fine. Make sure you have some blocks of wood or pieces of boards to sit the jack on. They are a bit short. You can usually find them on sale at any car parts store such as Pep boys, Advanced Auto parts etc.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
Digger

Never heard of a bottleneck jack, type in Bottle jack instead. Not sure why you need a water pressure gauge, What I think you mean is a water pressure regulator for when you hook up to city water. A simple fixed pressure one will work fine.
Ed
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
modhatter

Thanks Redhawk and Digger. I see why they are called bottle jacks. I read about them several weeks ago, and my memory just adds words after two weeks I think. Digger, thanks for the info on water pressure regulator. Glad I don't have to spend $60+ on a fancy one. 45 PSI if my faulty memory serves me right. So much reading and so much to remember.