TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
roned2

Default To Cover or not to cover

We spent the winter in Florida and covered our trailer at an outside storage place. When we returned we saw that our brand new Adco cover had been literally destroyed by the wind. We found out that this happened in January. So- our Trailmanor had been without a cover in the snowbelt area for about three months. No damage that I can see so far. What about other owners. Do those of you that live in a harsher climate cover your Trailmanor? What problems can I expect if I do not cover. I did jack up the front of the trailer to encourage any water/snow to run to the back. No leaks this year. Should I buy another cover and hope for the best?
Prodigy Brake Controller
roned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
AstroBruce

I have an Adco cover for my TM. I found that you need to make sure the cover is tight and won't billow and flap in the wind. Mine was covered for a couple of weeks before a winter camping trip. After the trip, I never used it again. Too much work. It is now sitting in my attic.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
rumbleweed

I cover my TM with an ADCO cover when not using it. I have never had any wind damage despite a few good storms. Some of the advantages I see in covering, it keeps pollen, sap and bird droppings off. It also keeps the generic stuff that come off the trees ( helicopters, leaves, strings ) out of the AC. If enough junk gets in the AC it can plug the drain holes and cause it to leak internally. I leave the vents cracked open a bit for circulation and the cover keeps the pollen and rain out. I am a believer in covers.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

We are getting ready to buy one but have seriously been wondering if it is really needed & what are the negatives to not using one. Ours seems to be doing well so far is why I am wondering.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We have had ours for several years now; we like it. It keeps the trailer much cleaner than leaving it out uncovered. When we get home from a trip and know that we're not going to go anywhere for a while, the TM gets a nice , thorough scrub bath and the cover goes on. The cover goes on after most trips, unless we're going to go somewhere within a week or so. We leave our TM open, so there is a lot more to get dirty than if you were to leave it closed up. I've been through three patch kits now and the cover is wearing somewhat thin, but it still does its job. Last year I had to scrub the cover to get the algae off; this year it doesn't look as bad. Perhaps I should use my Camping World gift certificate towards buying a new one and keep it in the attic until we really need it.