TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2023, 04:27 PM   #11
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGallegos View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies. After thinking about why I did not have the problem months ago, I realized that the problem started happing after I installed the battery cut-off switch. When I turned the battery off, the power strip circuit breaker would eventually go off, but when the switch is on the ON position, there is no problem. I have the battery switched on and everything else the same, and no problems.

Although, I now have a rain proof box to protect the area where the cords and adapters meet.
That adds up perfectly. Because when you have the battery disconnected it makes it the exact same situation as I described above for my problems. We have not even had a battery installed for several years after it died because we have never camped at a place without electric hookups. That means when we are plugged in at the house, everything in the camper, 12V, 110V is running off the single 15 amp circuit (shared by other items in the house).

Having the battery ON would indeed help buffer and share the electrical load at least for the 12V circuits.

But another subject that I am sure Mr. Bill and others will chime in on is having the original TM converter/charger connected for a long period of time and charging the battery. I think that is what killed my battery. Overcharging and such, but they have more expertise on this than I do.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote