TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #15
luvmymanor1
BannedUsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
The bottom line is that any tires have a life span of six years whether you use them or not. The spare getting the free ride on back is drying out as fast as those on the ground.

A new tire in dealer stock is toast after six years which is why everyone should ask your dealer to record the DOT number on your invoice and write down the manufacture date of each tire as indicated in the DOT number. If they will not do that for you, move on to the next dealer.

Six years is the maximum. I would never buy a tire which is over one year from date of manufacture. Trailer tires over four years old are probably an accident waiting to happen.
Thank you for your input... your situation sounds very scary to me. thanks for sharing though. perhaps I should not complain than.

ok just checked the DOT numbers andthey state 2410 I take that to mean february 4, 2010 which would put these tires at about one year and 3 months. should I make a stink about the additional 3 months? I would think I'm ok and besides there is NO ONE else in the area so what am I going to do. I guess I should be thankful that the guy didnt put 5 year old tires on the TM, huh? Oh well, I'll be calling goodyear anyway to see about switching to 15" tires and rims and see if there is anything they can do to make that happen. I'd rather get it done now while on the road but Im not going to hold my breath getting the lift kit now... unless its something you can buy at the local auto shop. knowing what I alrready know about the TM NOTHING IS SIMPLE and NOTHING IS EASY.
I am a cheating freeloader. I have signed up for a Free Trial Membership 8 times under different names. I have received much thoughtful help from the forum members, but I am not grateful. I will not pay my fair share of the board expenses. I think you should pay it for me. You guys are suckers.
luvmymanor1 is offline   Reply With Quote