TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
XC Skier

I learned very quickly that my boney knees put little dimples in the roof. Knee pads or a 1 inch rubber pad would eliminate this.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
Joseph

Default Yes and yes . . .

In desperation because of an on and off again leak I removed the plastic like center seams on the roof and used the 4 inch product. No more leaks. It has been up there for a little over a year. No problems so far. I use 3/4 inch plywood cut into 2 x 4 feet squares to keep from denting the roof anymore than it is after a wonderful hail storm a few years back. I sit or kneel on one and move the other to where I want to go when atop the roof. Works. I am 200 lbs give or take.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
Tampajohn

Default Did you leave the center plastic off?

Dumb question, but to make sure. Did you leave the center plastic strip that covers the the center of the roof off when you covered the whole seam with Eternabond. Did it look ok after you did it.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #14
Joseph

Default Remove the plastic seam

I removed the plastic seem that runs down the middle of the roof. It appeared to be held in place by some sort of two sided tape. Mine was not water tight and I do not see how it could be from looking at how it was assembled. It appears that TM is counting on the bonding of the two pieces of aluminum to whatever is under them to seal against leaks. Mine leaked. After appling the Eternabond no more leak. Looks fine to me. Take your time and make sure it is straight. My roof was nimpled by a hail storm some years ago so I do not worry too much about looks up there....
Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #15
Tampajohn

Thanks Joseph. Going to try to get to it this weekend. Just bought this 04 2720 and it is not leaking, but I have used Eternabond on our Aliner and I figure it is a good time to put some protection on it. I also am going to caulk around the skylights, air conditioner, and fantastic fan with 3m 4200. Bought the 5200, but got afraid to use it, Too permanent from what I have read. Who know when an air conditioner cover needs to be removed or a skylight. Great website, appreciate all the useful info. Thanks again. John
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
Tampajohn

Default Using eternabond

I just found this site and am thinking I might leave the strip on that goes in the middle of the roof. It looks like it might provide more strength. I am going to use 4"eternabond. Currently not leaking but it os an 04. Trying to cover all possibility before putting it in storage.

http://www.eternabond.com/v/vspfiles...pplication.pdf