TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #11
BradKlafehn

Default Norcold Says There is No Recall

I just got off the phone with the Norcold Service Center, and the rep. insists that there is no recall on the N300.3rh model, only a service bulletin. I, too, have had to repeatedly press the igniter for the indicator to move into the green area, and keep the pilot pressed for a minute in order for it to stay lit.

Was there a specific person you all talked to in Norcold who said there was a recall? This is about the fifth problem with our 2005TM that no one will take responsibility for. It's getting frustrating!

Thanks for any further information.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #12
commodor47
Site Sponsor

BradKlafehn,

I've experienced a similar problem with our 2003 2720 SL. You are correct, there is no recall -just a service bulletin.

Try this: remove the radio; look inside the opening and to the left. You should see two blade connectors going to the interrupt switch (the button held down to light the refrigerator). Carefully remove the two wires (one should be blue, the other is red) and re-insert. Try lighting the refrigerator again.

I think what happens is the blade connectors develope slight coating (oxidation) which prevents the interrupt from functioning properly. You might consider applying some dielectric grease to the blade connectors before re-attaching them.

I am assuming your problem is with the interruptor switch and not somewhere else in the system.
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #13
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradKlafehn
I just got off the phone with the Norcold Service Center, and the rep. insists that there is no recall on the N300.3rh model, only a service bulletin. I, too, have had to repeatedly press the igniter for the indicator to move into the green area, and keep the pilot pressed for a minute in order for it to stay lit.

Was there a specific person you all talked to in Norcold who said there was a recall? This is about the fifth problem with our 2005TM that no one will take responsibility for. It's getting frustrating!

Thanks for any further information.
There is a service bulletin, and if you take your TM to your dealer it should be repaired at no cost to you. It was free to me.

Maybe the difference is that a recall requires that all customers be contacted by the factory while a service bulletin just means there is a free fix available if you ask for it.

I don't really care about the legal definition of a recall versus a service bulletin. All I want is to have the fridge repaired at no cost to me. I was satisfied.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:19 AM   #14
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

I had the same experience as Wayne. They pulled out the fridge about 6" and replaced 2 wires. Several of the slide on spade terminals in my unit have been less than tight and I'm betting that this is the problem. Now my fridge is back to working happy. So am I!
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #15
kdrickard
Site Sponsor

For anyone who has done this fix themselves, any advice on the quickest way to obtain the wire kit -- dealer or Norcold direct? I'm pretty sure I'm one month out of warranty (3 years?) and would rather do this myself as it is a haul to the nearest dealer.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 09-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #16
Speckul8r
TrailManor Master

I did not do this repair myself but I was snooping over the dealers shoulder. He had the parts in stock. I'd call the dealer and see what he had to say. If you don't like the answer, call Norcold.
Speckul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #17
Bill & Lisa

On a similar subject, I recall reading a warning a week or so ago about a valve leaking under the refridgerator that could result in a fire. I checked my model this weekend but when I went to find the post I could not. I did a search on every combination I could think of but no luck.

Can anybody help me out with finding the post?

Bill
Old 09-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Are you sure you are not thinking of the fire extinguisher mounting bracket screw that abraded the propane line to the stove?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote