TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #1
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Default WDH Question

I am a novice at trailering (new word) light use vehicles. I have driven buses, coaches, limousines, COE TT, fifth wheels, etc.

I have driven on closed course environments over 200 mph. I have also driven on public roads @ 185 (notice I did not indicate the index). Suffice it to say I am a professional.

We recently purchased a 2006 TM 2619 (for hunting and short weekends) and love it.

I had been perusing the classifieds for 3-4 years and finally found a bargain.

Now, to the brass tacks. The TV is a Honda Pilot with tow rating of 4500 lbs the TM (as mentioned) a 2619.

The guy at the Hitch Store said I probably need WDH because the TV drops over 2" and will affect the ABS on the TV. Between what I have read on this board and his instruction I think he may be correct.

The TM has a swing hitch so that effects the type/brand of WDH. Any suggestions?

We towed approx. 36 miles for our maiden voyage and had no issues; however, I suspect a problem on long down hill grades.

With a swing away hitch what type of WDH should I purchase?
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice