TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
Elaina and George

Default gap noticed on edges of bed

When I was making our bed for the first time - just got our 2004 32023 TM friday - went camping Saturday - I noticed I could see daylight at each corner of the bed. Is this just the way the TM is made or is there a problem with the rubber seal?
Old 08-23-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
BobRederick

Elaina

I can see light there, but it isn't an opening. This may be the case with yours.

If not, be sure the bed is pulled out all the way on both the left and right sides.

Otherwise, if not these, you may have something that isn't quite aligned properly.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
hal

There are a few in our group that have that situation where you can see through to the ground. They solved it by carrying " swimming noodles" to place in this opening after the beds are made. I think that is what they called them. They are about three feet long, about 3 inches round spongy material and come in bright colors. They are very inexpensive, lightweight and do the job very well. Sometimes when we camp, the nights are c o l d. Any spaces allows warmth to escape and cold to enter the trailer. These things take care of the problem

Hal
Old 08-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
Elaina and George

aha, I can rob the granbabies pool noodles from our pool - great idea
Old 08-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
PopBeavers

I have a slightly different "problem" that I have not yet investigated.

For the front bed in my 2720, if the trailer is level then the front edge of the bed is not. I can tell this by standing in front of the TM and looking at how much of the font edge of the bed is visible below the front shell. I also noticed that the thickness of the plastic spacers on the two sides of the front support differ by 3/8 inch. I'm not sure if that is significant.

So the edge of the bed near the dinette is level but the front edge is high on the curb side by half an inch. Read bed is level all the way.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
Harry Womack

Default bed not sealed when pulled out

I unlatched the rear bed and pushed it all the way out tight and measured the difference between the latch and the bed and put a spacer under the latch to keep the bed pushed out tight.
Maxxis load range E tires @ 75 PSI
2013 1500 Suburban Z71 5.3 4X4 w/
Firestone air bags inside of springs.
Not using Trail Manor now. Replaced
with 2020 motorhome
Harry Womack is offline   Reply With Quote