TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #11
camp2canoe

I have a hip problem requiring us to use a waterbed at home but on our 2619 we pull off the rear mattress before unfolding the bath and just stack the front berth with both mattresses. Advantages are that it requires no additional expenditure, creates no closing problem, you can store wet or dirty items in the rear berth area and, best of all, it sleeps great! CAMP2CANOE
Old 06-03-2005, 09:17 AM   #12
Buzzardrump

There is a company that can custom make the Tempur-pedic memory foam mattresses for you. They claim they can make any size or shape and deliver in about 2-3 weeks. Specifically state for boats and rvs...might be worth looking into. I have their bed at home and love it...

http://www.savvysleeper.com/TempurpedicMattresses/
Old 06-03-2005, 09:25 AM   #13
Queeniereads

"there is not enough space for the thickness of an innerspring matters. You would not be able to close the TM down. One option might be a mattress such as "Sleep number" which could be deflated for closing and inflated to your desired firmness." THis was a quote from a previous post.

Select Comfort sleep number beds will not work becuase the foam on all the deges is too rigid and too thick. THe other options are Eurobeds, COleman, and Beautyrest, all of which do deflate and infate quickly and do not have rigid foam. Two twins should fit a KIng space, leaving 4 inches at top or bottom. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 06-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #14
Joesjunk
Site Sponsor

Default Mattress Factory in Raleigh, NC

We have a place called "The Original Mattress Factory" in Raleigh, NC. I'm sure that they can make a mattress any size any firmness. Check them out.
http://www.originalmattress.com/
Joesjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:36 PM   #15
shunter917
Site Sponsor

Aerobed makes a "topper" product that we use. It's basically a thin blow up mattress cover that sits on top of the TM matress. I just blow it up (it comes with it's own blower) when we get to our site and let it deflate when we're ready to leave. It stays on the bed at all times.

It's not like a regular blow-up mattress - it's very well made and very comfortable. Best of all, you can make each side of the queen size as firm or as soft as you want.

This works best for us, since we have a Select Comfort at home. This is the closest thing we found to that.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:17 AM   #16
Queeniereads

I understand that they have stopped selling that mattress topper, which was what we had wanted. If you find a source for them (I am most interested in a King) could you post it. All of my Internet searches have led me to believe that they discontinued them about 3 months ago. THanks -- Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
shunter917
Site Sponsor

Oh, bummer. That mattress topper is great. Maybe they will replace it with something else?
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:39 PM   #18
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

http://www.thinkaero.com/retail/AeroBedCozyTopNew.asp