TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
bethlee

Default So. Cal. 2619 owners?

We are hoping to get a 2619, maybe even this weekend! Dealer is Custom RV in Anaheim - they were nice on the phone...
Anyone out there have a 2619 in the OC? We'd love to have connections!
Anyone pulling with a 05 Toyata Sienna?
Anyone just want to talk about their TM, we're so geeked up about it, we'd love to hear your words of wisdom!
Thanks,
Beth and Rich
s
Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We met a couple who said they were from OC who have a 2720 over winter break, but I don't think they're members of the board. Maybe you can get your TM in time to go to the San Diego rally in April!

It's too far for us to go and come back in the four days I'll have off for Easter break with my son, but we're going to try to make the one in Petaluma in October.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
bethlee

Rally in April! Cool! I'll check around the site for more info, thanks! Is there an official west coast TM group?

My daughter might, depending on where she gets accepted, be going to Santa Cruz. Needless to say, if she ends up at UCSC we'll be contacting you for camping suggestions!
Beth
Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Scott O

Welcome Beth and Rich. You can't do better than Custom RV. They are fabulous. You will likely have massive amounts of questions...please do not hesitate to ask!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
MudDog
TrailManor Master

We bought our 2619 from Custom RV 3 months ago and couldn't be happier with the TM and the dealer.

We had taken a vacation in a rented motorhome in early October and had a great time. We all (including our two boys, 7 and 4) enjoyed it a lot more than hoteling it.

I had done a lot of trailer camping as a kid and most of my best memories are from the trips we took and the places we saw.

On the last day of our rented motorhome trip we stopped at the Pomona RV show and met Matt from Custom RV. They offered to drive it out to our house to make sure it would fit in the garage (a big selling point for me). We bought a week later.

We've been out with the Trailmanor more weekends than not since we got it and have taken a couple of 7-10 day trips throughout CA.

We're towing with a 2002 Sienna and have not had any problems. I often forget the TM is behind us.

I was just down in San Clemente (state beach campground) for 3 nights last week. I live in Ventura County but had to be in Irvine for 3 days for work..figured I'd go camping rather than commute every day!

If you do buy, I would highly suggest you become a site sponser - several more forums will be available to you and there are a lot of great people that will offer their experiences and assistance.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
bethlee

Thanks to all, we appreciate all your info, past, present, and future!

I looked around, probably not too carefully, for info on San Diego rally in April. Would someone mind pointing me to the details?

So tomorrow is our day at Custom RV...
I hope they have a wifi, cuz I'm taking my laptop, along with camera and video! I'll keep you informed...

Beth
Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8165

Thread #18 tells when & where...

Those dates are when our school district is off for Easter break, so I'd get reservations soon. Thank goodness not everyone in California has the same Easter break!

When we first got our TM & wanted to go camping for Thanksgiving, we were amazed how hard it was to find a site with hookups for the 4-day weekend. People love to camp in their RV's around here, any time they get a chance. And with gas being cheaper, there are people out in force on the holidays.

Good luck with your shopping tomorrow!

D
Old 02-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #8
larsdennert

The rally seems to have fizzled a bit. Probably it is too short of notice and not central enough. I just offered it up because we were going to Campland anyway. We are still going.

CustomRV is great. Nice bunch of guys. I almost bought from them but came across a better deal (used) by chance. No reflection on them, just happened on a TM at a Winnebago dealer.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
M&M Hokie

We just took delivery on a 2009 2720 from CustomRV on Friday night. They have been super to deal with. We haven't done much but test out systems and start stocking the drawers and cabinets. We won't be able to even tow the thing for another couple of days because the standard shank on the WDH was too short for our Sienna. But we should be in full camp mode next weekend.

Where can I find out more about the October Rally in Petaluma?