TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2001, 05:18 AM   #1

Default Cover for propane tanks

Besides Camping World, does anyone know where I can get the white vinyl rigid cover for the propane tanks?

I'd like the ones with an access door so the cover doesn't have to be removed from the tanks during use.

Anyone using these covers? I'm hoping there is no clearance problem while folding down.
Old 12-15-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
hal

Default Re: Cover for propane tanks

Dan, I am surprised that this type bottle cover isn't more readily available to you.  We got our through Camping World abut they were also available at a local company known as Nolans. They are also available through a couple other dealers locally. While they come with or without the access opening, the access hole can be cut through those without it.  The plastic is reinforced around the "knock out" or in this case the "cut out".  Our bottles were moved rearward to accomodate the type tongue that is removable.  This cover was  too tall and was struck each time the front shell passed over them when lowering the shell.  I was able to trim off about 4 inches by cutting at the second flange that is molded into the cover.  I would guess that this second flange was placed there for this purpose.  I also believe that the covers are designed to  cover the taller bottles and thus were to be cut down for the shorter ones.  They are of good material.  Even though a stretchy comes with the shell, I use bungy cords that run through a couple  holes that I strategically drilled through the bottom of the cover.  I had to pay extra for the trap door which was easy to install and opens by simply swinging it to one side.

I like the covers because it is much easier to clean mud off them than to use a tooth pick to dig it out of the bottles.

Hal