TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
Cateye
Cateye

Default Your Question re. Canoe "How do you do it" question

Hi John,

Here is the picture you requested. The canoe is mounted on a Yakima canoe carrier consisting of 2 bars and 'L" shaped brackets and mounted (attached) to the existing OEM rack of my '99 or '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The canoe is tied down to the bars with straps and to the front an back bumpers.
The front bar has a slide our extension to allow 2 people (my wife and I) to load it without having to lift the entire canoe at once (it weights 110 lbs)...hope this answers your question...Cateye
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0113 sized 25.JPG
Views:	721
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	847  
2003 2720SL
1999 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L V8
Quadradrive
Factory Towing Pkg.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
camp2canoe

Default TM Paddlers

Nice rig - we love to see TM's with canoes or 'yaks. To avoid problems with abrasions to the TV from the tie down straps, you might consider a pair of rack straps. These are nylon strap loops with a grommet at the end that you attach to the fender bolts inside the hood. When you want to carry a canoe you just flip them out and the rest of the time they're folded inside the hood. We got ours from Rutabaga but someone who is handy could easily make their own.

Some midwestern TM owners have talked about a TM paddling weekend in '07 basecamping at Pulltite Spring and canoeing on Missouri's incomparable Current River. It might be a little long for you folks for a weekend although the area does offer plenty of paddling and other vacation opportunities. You might watch for this next spring! - Camp2Canoe
Old 06-24-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
The Wheel

Hey,I love 2 canoe! The Wheel, from Virginia Beach