TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Elaina and George

Default travel park virginia Beach, VA

Anyone stayed at the holiday travel park in Virginia Beach? We are going to stay there and go see "The Blue Angels" airshow tomorrow. It looks like a pretty nice park to stay at $31.00 a night for full hook up.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
Bill & Lisa

Hey guys. We live in Va Beach and that is a nice campground. I also highly recommend First Landing State Park. It is on the North side of Va Beach between Cape Henry and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. We were there last weekend and the weather was nice and the beach nearly empty unless you count the dolphins playing in the surf....We are looking forward to delivery of our first TM, a 2006 3023, this coming Friday, 23 Sept. Planning to go to the Appalachian gathering in Oct if we can get a site. Take care
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
Bill & Lisa

Hope your trip was a success and Virginia Beach was good to you. The wife and I almost popped in for a visit but we got to the campground after visiting hours. maybe next time.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
Bill & Lisa

Never heard how George and Elaina like the travel park but DW and I camped there over New Years. Kind of an off season for them and alot of construction going on (not to mention a major holiday) but the place was very impressive. They are huge already and expanding. We had horses corralled about 20 yards from where we camped and the section we were in had huge drive thru cement pads with the concrete extending out to the picnic table and fire pit. There are a like 4 pools and 2 grocery stores although they were all closed while we were there. The office closed at noon on Saturday and didn't reopen until Monday but they were kind enough to let us check out the put put clubs and balls for the weekend. One of the best put put courses I have played and alot of little niceities to the campground including wood carvings, totem poles, waterfalls, etc. Also got to see a falcon up close and personal. All in all we would go back.
Bill