TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
joshua2000

Smile Just bought TM LOVE IT

I just purchased a 2004 TM here in Florida. This is the most amazing camper I've seen. I came from a pop up and what a difference. The guy who invented this is my hero!

I want to say thanks to Les and his wife who I bought from. They are the nicest people.

The TM is in perfect condition and so easy to close. I'm so glad I bought a TM. I just wanted to let everyone now I'm happy to be part of this family. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
aldebnj

Congradulations and welcome to the family! We enjoy ours too. Last year, we put many miles on it with trips to IN, CT, MD and FL from our home in NJ and we are looking forward to many more trips this year.

Happy Camping!
Al
Old 02-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #3
Labs4us

Default Congrats!!

We know just how you feel!
We are new owners & love ours too! Please be sure to post your travels.
Trish & Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 08:33 PM   #4
joshua2000

Default Very excited

Thanks for all the replies. My kids are crazy to get out already. I took a 4 day weekend so I could go but this weekend is packed everywhere in Florida. I guess I'll go soon.

Today I spent the whole day cleaing out the garage and the TM made it by just three inches. Thanks to the awesome idea of the swing hitch.

I have a question, I got the 2619 and when I close it there is some type of a sensor on the back portion of the roof. It's a long black thing with a wire and a red light on it. Does anyone know what this is?

Well thanks again for all the nice replies. Hope to see you out there. Have a beautiful day.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:53 AM   #5
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up

The radio antenna !! Cool huh?
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default Just a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua2000
Today I spent the whole day cleaing out the garage and the TM made it by just three inches. Thanks to the awesome idea of the swing hitch.
Hey, welcome aboard! You're gonna love it, and so are the kids.

My TM also just barely fits in my garage, thanks to the swing tongue. Actually, I have perhaps 8" to spare - luxurious compared to your 3". The first time I backed it in, I was oh-so-careful - but still ended up touching the drywall at the back of the garage with the TM's back bumper. Drywall has no strength at all, of course - it crushed like paper. NUTS! So I decided that in the future, I'd back the TM in halfway with the tow vehicle, and then finish it up by hand using the dolly wheel on the jack. I inched it in oh-so-carefully, but it is so heavy that when the bumper AGAIN contacted the drywall, I didn't feel it. More drywall damage - NUTS AGAIN!

Rather than continue to destroy the drywall, I went to Home Depot, and bought a nice straight 12-foot 2x8 and a half dozen lag screws. I mounted the board on the back wall of the garage, screwing it into the studs, at just the height of the TM's bumper. Now if I bonk the wall - well, it ain't smart, but it does no harm. Bonus - the board covered the previous damage to the drywall, so I didn't have to repair it.

Just a thought from someone else with a short garage.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garage.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	344  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 03:39 PM   #7
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Cool

Me too, but I have some 6" foam rubber on the stop board to cushion the TM, kinda stops it slowly
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Oooooh, even better idea! I like it!!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:19 AM   #9
jimair1548

Default Trailer position in garage.

When you have only limited space in your garage for the TM, carefully locate the TM where you want it, lay a 2x4 on the floor behind the tires, and mark it's location. Pull the TM out of the garage, put a couple of lag bolts thru the 2x4, so as to extend thru the board, drill a couple of holes in the garage floor to accept the lag bolts,(the holes should be just a little larger than the lags) then whenever you want to put the TM in the garage, drop the board in place, and back the TM in until it is stopped by the board. This method allows you to keep the floor clear, and safe from tripping on the board when you don't have the TM in " it's home." Sounds like alot of work but it's really not, and....it just might save you from some of the dreaded "Sheetrock repair." Works for me!!....Jim
jimair1548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:50 AM   #10
Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua2000
I just purchased a 2004 TM here in Florida. This is the most amazing camper I've seen. I came from a pop up and what a difference. The guy who invented this is my hero!

I want to say thanks to Les and his wife who I bought from. They are the nicest people.

The TM is in perfect condition and so easy to close. I'm so glad I bought a TM. I just wanted to let everyone now I'm happy to be part of this family. Thanks.
Are you the mountain biking folks we met while camping at Paynes Prairie over New Years?
You were interested in purchasing a TM and checked out our rig.