TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
appleton

Default New owner of a 2720 - questions?

Hi all. I recently stumbled across this forum while searching for answers for my new (to me) 1998 Trailmanor 2720.

I had been looking at popups, but the price was right for this unit ($3500), so I couldn't resist the urge to upgrade. Now I get to figure out how this guy works.

For starters, i need a manual for the unit. Does anyone have a scan for a 1998 2720, or can you find them on the TM website? I've been searching to no avail.

As for parts, I need some of the small interior/exterior parts to 'refresh' it about 5-10 years. I plan to replace much of the woodworking, trim, flooring, upholstery, etc. I'd like to get newer trim to go along with it. I'm obviously going to hit my local big-box home improvement store for the flooring, trim, and wood. But is it best to contact TM directly (via the TM factory parts thread) for parts?

Finally, this poor guy doesn't appear to have been waxed in over 12 years and is quite oxidized, along with much of the caulk very greyed. Any advice on a cleaner, then polisher? I was thinking of using an outdoor clorox bleach, and then hitting it with a cleaner wax like zymol or similar and a buffer. however, i've maybe read 10% of the cleaning threads, so I'm not about to start for a few weeks yet.

Mostly, thanks in advance for such an active forum. I was previously looking at Hi-Lo's, which i was discouraged due to a lack of parts/expertise due to the company closing. simply based on the activity in this forum, it appears I made the correct choice.
appleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I can email you the manual from my 1997, it's probably the same as your 98. If you can describe the parts that need replacing, we can probably help you decide whether to order them from TM or replacing with something that's not original. I can still get most everything I need from the TM factory.

Congrats on your purchase, sounds like you got quite a deal!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
knoxjere

Default Greatest forum

This forum is filled with knowledgeable people. We bought our 2006 2720 last year and joined as a site sponsor pretty quickly. It was the best $12 we spent on the trailer. We have learned so much about the nuts and bolts of a TM as well as many modifications. Join for $12...you won't regret it!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

You might also want to become a full fledged member. You will have access to lots more info about TMs, mod's people have made and get advice from some of the best people around. And you wouldn't believe some of the things people have done to their TMs!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
Redhawk

Congrats on your purchase, the TM is a great camper. We love ours...and what the others say about joining, you're only seeing a small part of the forums as a guest.

Post all questions, there's a lot of expertise here.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleton View Post

Finally, this poor guy doesn't appear to have been waxed in over 12 years and is quite oxidized, along with much of the caulk very greyed. Any advice on a cleaner, then polisher? I was thinking of using an outdoor clorox bleach, and then hitting it with a cleaner wax like zymol or similar and a buffer. however, i've maybe read 10% of the cleaning threads, so I'm not about to start for a few weeks yet.
I too bought a 2720 that had not been cleaned for a couple of years. There was a green tint to the shady side, with streaks running down the camper at other places. I used The Reliable One Black Streak Remover with numerous Mr. Clean Heavy Duty Magic Erasers, and followed up with Protect All. Looked like a new unit when I got that puppy finished.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
RogerR

be careful around the decals, they are expensive to replace. If one starts to come off you can try glue.

Pressure washers are great but again you have to be careful around caulk, seems and decals.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
klv5920

Please please use the search feature. This forum has been here for many many years and most anything you can think to ask has already been answered. Use as many different words you can think of to find the info. And you will find added info that you didn't know you needed!!
I agree on joining. It is a bargain. As a new member myself, I have spent hours and hours just reading and copying the information here. And these are all good people and willing to help with anything you don't find here.
Congrats on becoming a TM owner
Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase, the TM is a great camper. We love ours...and what the others say about joining, you're only seeing a small part of the forums as a guest.
Let's be sure we get this right. Right now, you are a Trial Member, so you are seeing the entire content of the board. But your Trial Membership will expire (30 days from signup), and then most of the board content will disapear. As others have said, you can sign up for a Sponsorship, for $12 a year. Go to the front door of the board - www.trailmanorowners.com - to see how to become a Sponsor.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
Redhawk

I have been spanked....sorry about that! It's been awhile since I was a trial member I guess.