TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Scottie Dogs

Default Just a general topic

I was ‘thinking’ today when I took my 2006 TM in the RV shop to have my brakes checked and the mechanic pulled the wheels/hubs/bearings and showed me they were all very bad. Now my used TM is going on 6 years old. The guy said when was the last time you had your brakes checked and how many miles have you been traveling pulling the trailer? I don’t have a clue, how many miles the other people put on it. I am sure this is the first brake job that has been done on it he said, not good.

When new owners buy new do they keep a log on mileage, for resale? Also why don’t the manufacture put a tamper proof odometer somewhere on the trailer so the new people know how many miles it has been traveling on the road?

With all the high tech stuff we use every day, I think this would be a great idea. When you buy a used motorhome you can just look at the mileage.

Now that I got my new brakes I would like to write down the mileage, then as time goes by, I can check when they might be do for a check, but that is a pain. I would like the mechanic put the mileage/date on the wind shield just like an oil change, then the next owner has an idea on the brakes. I think the odometer would be very useful for all of us trailer people when we buy used.

Dave