TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
mrgoodwx

Default Ventilation and summer comfort?

My wife and I have managed to do all our camping in a large pop-up the last 16 years...and the pop-up doesn't have air conditioning. Most of our camping has been March-October in the higher elevations of Colorado and New Mexico. We have never needed air conditioning and get really good air flow through that pop-up when we need it.

One reason we're looking at Trailmanors is that we want to be able to camp some during the winter months, and we have no doubt that will be possible for those areas we plan to visit. But one question we have is whether or not a Trailmanor can stay cool enough in the summer without air conditioning. It just seems that ventilation would be a lot less than in the pop-up, although insulation is certainly much greater too. Most summer locations we camp in experience afternoon temperatures 75-85, with nights in the 40s.

If we buy a Trailmanor...we will certainly get an air conditioner...for resale if nothing else. But...we'd like to know from you experienced folks how much you need the air conditioner in a climate such as I've described...especially if you migrated from a pop-up environment to a Trailmanor.

Thanks!

Tags
air conditioning, stuffy, summer, ventilation