TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Beach Boy

Default When Do Most People Sell Their TM?

I am surfing everywhere for TM's for sale. This seems to be a dead time of year. Does the selling activity pick up in the Spring? Just curious.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
I am surfing everywhere for TM's for sale. This seems to be a dead time of year. Does the selling activity pick up in the Spring? Just curious.
I don't have anything but my own observation to support this but peak selling season seems to be in the Fall. Peak buying season seems to be in the Spring.

Keith
Old 12-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Beach Boy

Makes sense in that if I was selling, I would like to use it one more season and then sell it. Everyone is hot and heavy to buy in the Spring in order to use it in the warm weather.

Even a blind squirrel in a snow storm will find a nut every so often. So I will keep plugging.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

- This site alone lists quite a few.
- If you Google Trailmanor for sale there are dozens to be found by just following the links.
- There are 4 of them currently listed on Ebay.
- And here's another dozen: http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/Index...earch_btn.y-7/
(You might have to travel a distance to get to many of these, of course)

The Winter is the best time to buy because sellers are thinking about cash vs an unproductive asset parked in the RV storage lot, and other buyers aren't thinking about the camping season yet.

The very best time of the year to buy a new RV is at the RV shows, which will begin in the next week or two and run for the next 3 months or so. By April, business conditions will be better so the factory discounts will be less generous and the dealers won't be as hungry. The easiest way to find a Trailmanor at an RV show is to call your nearby dealers and ask them when/where they are doing shows this Spring. And, don't be afraid to call other dealers for competing quotes.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
moaboy

I'd suggest most people sell when one or a combination of the following play out:
1. convenience
2. financial need
3. decent weather
4. procrastinate long enough

Good luck!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
Bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
I'd suggest most people sell when one or a combination of the following play out:
1. convenience
2. financial need
3. decent weather
4. procrastinate long enough

Good luck!
I'm a book collector and watch for what I call the "Three D's" that tend to spring "hard to find" books loose. Same might apply to TMs:

Death Debt Divorce

Keith