TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
arjackson

Default What kind of issues could we anticipate with a 2004 2720SD

So thanks, everyone, for your earlier help with the weight of a 2720SD. It looks like our Highlander can handle one. We just did a tent camping weekend and it only reaffirmed my desire for a trailer.

There is a good deal on a 2004 model about 4 hours from us, but I'm having a "discussion" with my husband on buying used vs. new. We tend to buy new vehicles because of the warranty and the fact that we keep them for about 15-20 years.

He's trying to apply that reasoning to a TM purchase, but I'm not impressed with what I could find on the TM limited warranty. I feel it doesn't justify the cost of a new model at around $30,000, at a dealer that is 14 hours away.

I've done a search and it looks like many things can be fixed with the help of the brain trust on this forum, and one post said something like they've had to put $2,000 into it in a 10-year period.

Any thoughts that could sway the argument my way?