TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
bigben8011

Default soon to be new owner

allright fellas a friend called and asked if I wanted to buy a camper off them for 500 dollars. the told me that the only thing wrong with it is there is some leaky pipes under the sink and that was it. I bought their daughters truck of them last year and everything they said was wrong was true. I figured hey for 500 bucks it is worth it even if I only use it for one year. went and looked at it today and it is a 1992 model and the only thing it says on the side is trailmanor 26 it has a queen size bed front and back. a small living room the ac unit and fridge is new as of last year. the only damage I can physically see is on the drivers side there is a cut in the outer shell about 2 ft long and is in the top half of the front. they sealed it back up. everything seems sturdy and the only thing that looks like is damaged is a hold down in the back corner looks like it is ready to come out. but a few new screws will fix this. there looks to be some water staining on the floor but I am not sure if this is from their daughter and her boyfriend using it last summer all summer or if it comes from storage. the floor seems strong and not rotted out. I have allready called em up and told em I would take it. what I am wondering is what size hitch comes on this camper. I have never seen anything like this before we always have popups before. I definately will enjoy this this summer. I have a 93 chevy shortbed pickup that I use to haul a good bit of stuff in the summer and I have seen where alot of people recomend a WDH. I haul a enclosed trailor every week during the summer and never have a problem with it. occastionally I haul stuff on my fathers flatbed trailer and load it down with farm equipment. I have a good bit of experience hauling trailers and such is it needed. any info you guys could help me out with I would appreciate. thanks and takereasy ben