TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
naturegal

Default Trailer inspection

We're on the hunt for a used TM and found one on Craigslist. It is under the Ft. Smith, AR Craigslist and dealer is actually located across the state line in Muldrow, OK.

We're 16 hours away and while it seems like a great deal I'm wondering if anyone can take a look at it on CL and see if you can tell anything about it.

I noticed the vinyl in the bathroom is loose and curved up and am concerned about the possibility of floor damage. What do y'all think?

Also a close up pic of the ceiling that shows the cabinets with speakers looks like it might have a slight dark line in one area. Ceiling leak?

I would appreciate any advice that you can give me. I've spent hours on this forum and signed up for the paid membership today so I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
Thanks
Old 08-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

That's a nice looking trailer. Wish it were mine.

The vinyl in the bathroom is supposed to be like that - it is not a fault or a flaw. What you are seeing is the curved edge of the wheel well liner, which protrudes a bit above the inside floor. Because the liner is not very pretty, the vinyl floor is continued above it, but must be raised a bit to cover it.

The dark strip on the front cabinet above the three cabinet doors is simply a shadow. The doors themselves are raised panels, meaning that the area above them is sunken below the level of the doors. I don't see anything on the ceiling itself.

The price looked pretty reasonable to me, though I am no expert in pricing. Perhaps the dealer wants it off his lot before winter?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
naturegal

Bill, thanks for giving it a look see on CL
I think I just got nervous because it seemed such a reasonable price, especially from a dealer, that my mind immediately started thinking something must be wrong with it.

If there is something not noticeable by pics maybe the low price will be enough to cover any repairs. I'll call the dealer when they open Tuesday and ask more questions.

We are from Russellville, AR area which is only an hour and a half away so I'll see if I can get my brother in law to go look at it for us. Then we can pick it up when we go home for Thanksgiving.

I've been compiling a list of things to inspect for from this forum and will send it along to my brother in law.

This will be our first venture out of the tent camping world and while I love tenting we are really excited about camping in comfort in all kinds of weather.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
moaboy

From the pictures this TM looks to be very clean and in good shape. I don't see any issues per the pictures. Someone has taken pretty good care as I don't even see much evidence of wear and tear. Could be a real opportunity. Many suggestions on this forum about what to look for when inspecting a potential unit.
Good luck.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #5
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I just look at every think very closely for the condition.

The day prior to arriving to look at it I had the PO connect the shore power and run the fridge on max on AC. When I arrived I check the temp of the freezer was below zero, I confirmed that It fired up on propane. After it was all cooled down I could not really test the 12V, but figured if it was cooling down I had a good fridge with 120V and the propane worked, so in worst case the 12V heating coil could have an issue, which would not be to costly to fix.

I look at the tires and the date code. I think its the first 2 digit's is the last numbers of the year and the next 2 digests are the week they were made. Any thigh over 5 years old will need to replaced.

I run all the systems, including the water with both city water and from the fresh water tank. I run the electric with shore and off the battery and then disconnect the battery and and confirm the converter is working without he battery.

I check to make sure it raised easy and check for signs of leaks around the roof.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Chilean

Dont hesitate, go for him, it looks great.
The Price is very good.
They sell fast.
Regards from Chile
René
Chilean is offline   Reply With Quote