TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #1
ib4classics

Default Torsion bar adjustment

I have posted before on this issue and had good suggestions but my problem is still not solved.
Only when closed, I have a small gap between the roof gasket (front) and the top of the roof on the non-door side. I goes from the edge to about the end of the radio antenna.
I have adjusted the closing latches for both the fron and the back shells. The rear shell latch adjusment is identical on bothe sides, as lose as it will go.
When I stand at the rear of the trailer and look forward I can see that the non-door side of the rear shell is lower than the door side, but the door side is tight to the gasket.
I do not have any more room to loosen the clamp on the non-door side which would probably allow it to rise to near level and close the gap.
Could a torsion bar adjusment be in order and if so how do I go about that process?
I am lucky enough to be about a 3 hour drive from the factory but I would like to avoid that if I can.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Back in the early days of the board, I believe it was Denny_A who published a great tutorial on adjusting the torsion bars. I'll see if I can find a link - or you (or someone else) may beat me to it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
ib4classics

Bill, I found the threads you are talking about. Odd thing, when I searched for "torsion Bar" or shell gap, none of this came up.
I am going to have to read and re-read Dennis's correction, then take into account our newer 3023 and the fact the gap is on the opposite side.
Do the newer, 2006 3023 have bumper stops? I'm going out to see what I can see looking from the bottom up.
John