TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #1
revmrbill

Default Spare Tire Rack

I took the TM to the tire shop to get the tires balanced and at the same time I had them balance the spare. Getting the spare off of the rack under the TM was a breeze. When we went to put it back on, it took Myself the Tire Technician and my grandson, to get the rack back into position to be secured.

I noticed that the inner tubes of the spare tire rack seem to be made out of some kind of light weight metal tubing and they are coated with some kind of plastic film which was tearing off everytime we tried to slide the carrier back into position. In the process of sliding the carrier back into place I also noticed that there was an extreme curve in the light weight tubes and also a kink in the right hand inner tube. Anybody else having this problem with the carrier?? Any suggestions on how to fix this .

The tire rack is a great Idea, but in 90 + weather in the full sun trying to get this thing back in position I nearly had a heart attack getting it put back together.