TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Redhawk

Default Do Used Trailmanors sell?

We'd like to purchase an Elkmont, but have great concerns that selling our 2619 may be next to impossible. It don't look like they move real well, anyone have any recent experience selling their TM? How long did it take? thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I don't have any experience selling TMs, but I can tell you that when I was looking for one 5 years ago in SoCal, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. I was looking for a model <$10k though, so that was part of the difficulty.

One thing you could do is tow it down to Custom RV to sell it on consignment. I'm sure The Car Show does it too, but I am just guessing the demand in SoCal is significantly higher. You might get a price premium too, which would offset your trip costs.

In the end, like in selling anything else, the "secret" is in the pricing. Bargain-priced, I would expect it to go very fast, especially if it's in good shape.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
clown9644

When I was looking for one I checked with our local dealer, his experience is if he could find a used one it was gone in no time. I had to go to Virginia to get mine from a dealer who had no idea what they had in hand--my gain!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
TM_Matt

In So Cal they fly off the shelves but again, that's at a price point. I think if you are within reason on nadaguides pricing it will happen quicker than other trailers such as non-popups.

I can't tell you how many time's I've had something for sale on Craigslist which was in excellent condition and priced very fairly but I had to wait for the right buyer. But with people waking up to Spring and wanting to get out, this is an excellent time to sell.

Your immediate region may or may not have potential buyers but savvy searchers will be looking for TMs in every region and will probably spot yours. Co Springs is actually a pretty central location and I know many people will travel to get the right deal.

Beware that there will be vulchers - low ballers, so-called consigners, etc. You don't need them. Your product is hot. Ignore vulchers as any response whatsoever just feeds them and gives them your contact info.

Best of luck.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I purchased my 2417 from The Car Show, and have been in a couple of times. They say used TMs sell quickly, and Jeff has a list of people looking for used TMs. So, I'd give Jeff a call to see what his input is.

Once you find that information, you may want to sell through them, or put it on CraigsList. Since The Car Show sells them quickly, CraigsList may be your first step, and see what the result is. I have sold everything I have put on CraigsList (including our canvas 1987 Jayco 1006, for $1800) when we were purchasing the TM.

Good luck!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Matt View Post
In So Cal they fly off the shelves but again, that's at a price point. I think if you are within reason on nadaguides pricing it will happen quicker than other trailers such as non-popups.

I can't tell you how many time's I've had something for sale on Craigslist which was in excellent condition and priced very fairly but I had to wait for the right buyer. But with people waking up to Spring and wanting to get out, this is an excellent time to sell.

Your immediate region may or may not have potential buyers but savvy searchers will be looking for TMs in every region and will probably spot yours. Co Springs is actually a pretty central location and I know many people will travel to get the right deal.

Beware that there will be vulchers - low ballers, so-called consigners, etc. You don't need them. Your product is hot. Ignore vulchers as any response whatsoever just feeds them and gives them your contact info.

Best of luck.
I am wondering what these vultures/low ballers do, and why they do it?

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Redhawk

Thanks to all for the input and encouragement. I'm picking up the Elkmont next Wednesday, as much as we love the 2619, I think this is a decent upgrade for us, so there will be a 2619 in the classifieds and on Craigslist next week.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
Thanks to all for the input and encouragement. I'm picking up the Elkmont next Wednesday, as much as we love the 2619, I think this is a decent upgrade for us, so there will be a 2619 in the classifieds and on Craigslist next week.
Honestly I would be more concerned with selling a used Elkmont since there are many lightweight TT designs. TM isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it is very unique & fits a certain type of buyer when nothing else will which makes it a good value.

I reality I believe used TMs would have actually had increases in value if TM had went under due to nothing else really comparable available.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
Tuscany Bandit

We sold ours right here on the forum's "TrailManor's for sale". 2005 2720SL in
good shape for $10,550. The first couple to come see it bought it on the spot with no price reduction. We had it posted for about four weeks in Feb. of this year. We live in Southern California.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
TM_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and C View Post
I am wondering what these vultures/low ballers do, and why they do it?

Tom
It never ceases to amaze me but I guess some people make it work. You mean their actual tactics?