TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
flakeyone

Default Curtain tape parts order experience

I called TM today and asked to speak with Adam in the Parts Dept. I was told he was "promoted to the Sales Dept. and that Ed in Service was working on getting parts out via the Service Dept. until they hired someone new in Parts hopefully by the end of the week."" I left a VM with Ed and also e-mailed Adam at [email protected] as well and congratulated him on his promotion. This all took place at 9:30 a.m. EST

At that point I felt doubtful about getting the curtain tape ($1.29/yd.) and new track ($.56/foot) by the time I leave July 10th for Yellowstone and now I have no curtains in my TM! (For those now wondering why I also ordered new track, the design of the tape and track has changed since my '89 was built.)

At 10:30 a.m. EST, in an hour from my e-mail, Adam e-mailed me the costs for 23yds. of tape and 69 feet of track and said he would get it out to me
asap with an invoice to pay from after receipt. Wow. I went from depressed to elated already this morning.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
P and B

I just posted our shade fix to the curtain problem. It's a pretty easy fix- took us about 2 hrs to do all of them. Hard part is running around trying to find shades that won't break the bank. We did all the windows for less than $100.

Phil
Old 06-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
flakeyone

UPDATE:
I ordered the cutain tape and track from Adam via e-mail 8 days ago. No communication if it has been shipped and 2 e-mails to Adam in the last 2 days with no response. Don't know what to think but I leave for Yellowstone NP July 10 in 10 days with no curtains in the TM!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
flakeyone

It's now been 2 weeks since I exchanged e-mails with Adam about my curtain parts. No communications or parts have arrived. Guess I will call Adam and I'm sure leave a VM and then another towhoever they hired by now to take his place in the parts dept.
Leave for YS in 5 days. Would be nice to have curtains in the TM. This is a sad way to run a business.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
flakeyone

Almost 3 weeks now since my one and only communication back from TM about my little parts order. Three days ago I even went to the TM web page and clicked on CONTACT and sent a detailed e-mail via that source to parts dept...................................no repsonse that way either. I am not going to call anymore since all I get is VM that is never returned. What a sorry company! If I ran mine like this I wouldn't be retired now!!

Oh well....guess I'll worry about putting my new drapes up when I get back from YS. Bye Bye
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Reldma

I know this is to late for you, but Camping World sells the new style curtain tape and rod. I have also seen it at a local RV dealer. Sorry I didn't read your post before you left. I have to agree on the headache in trying to reach TM factory.
Reldma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
flakeyone

At last, my June 22nd tab tape and curtain track order arrived on my porch today........August 1.