TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine
Default New info on the new models!

Yesterday I had a pleasant half-hour phone conversation with Paul Wipf, President of the new Trail Manor Company. He seems to be doing wonderful things with TrailManors, and new design elements and building techniques are showing up in many places. The company is attending a lot of major RV shows across the country, and getting a lot of attention from potential buyers and potential dealers.

He and I discussed a number of items, some of which I have summarized below.

First, the company reduced the sometimes bewildering array of major models down to just four, corresponding to four different lengths. The four lengths are 25’, 27’, 29’, and 31’. The two-foot increment between models means everyone can find what is best for the individual situation.

Every model length is available in three configurations - the front bed, the front slide-dinette, and the front slide-sofa. Although the 27-foot model retains the queen-size rear bed, the 25, 29, and 31 foot models all have a king size rear bed. This has been the subject of a lot of “wouldn’t it be nice” conversations, and the company has responded.

As has been true in some models recently, the kitchen counters are single-level. This allows for a somewhat larger sink. The refrigerator has also been upsized a bit, to 3.0 cubic feet from the 2.4 cubic feet that previous owners like me have been used to. And the interior wall color is more pleasing than the yellowish off-white we have come to know.

All trailers have an outside accessible rear storage compartment.

The 25-foot model has grown up, with a number of important changes from the few and hard-to-find 24-foot trailers. The cooktop has two burners rather than three in the other models, the smaller unit allowing for more space for the rear bed and the outside storage compartment. The 25-foot unit also has a dry bath with shower and cassette toilet, though the bathroom sink has been removed, again to make room for the big bed and the outside storage. Good trade, in my opinion. BTW, the cassette toilet is optional on the other models. I’m not sure about the refrigerator in the 25-foot model, a question worth asking the sales staff at Trailmanor.

It is the company’s intent to have a swing hitch on all trailers, though I don't think they are quite there yet on the 3124. Swing hitch, previously a rather expensive option, is a very popular feature, and by making it standard, they can build more quickly and have a lower price for most buyers.

A power slide is now standard on slide-out models! My aching back thanks you!

After our conversation, Paul was kind enough to forward a new brochure to me, which I have attached below. It is densely packed with important stuff, not all of which is on the web site yet, so be sure to look it over carefully. If it sounds like I am enthusiastic, it is because I am!

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TM091919.pdf (6.34 MB, 521 views)
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote