TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
Bookworm

Default King Mattress question

Our 3124KS mattress has lasted almost 9 yrs. Now we have "furrows" that make sleeping very uncomfortable. I have a 2 inch normal type topper but its not enough help any longer.

I am hoping someone can tell me if they have tried a 4 inch dense foam topper - as suggested by the Nebraska factory folks?

If so where did you find it/buy it? We are even willing to buy a new mattress but are not sure how to go about finding a source.

thanks!
Barbara
Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Don't know where you live, but in some cities you can find a foam wholesaler. They are the folks that make foam cushions for all the local furniture manufacturers - chair cushions, sofa cushions, and so forth. They have foam with a wide variety of firmness. They may be willing to let you squeeze some samples, and cut a piece of foam to your specified size.

Several years ago, I found the the one in Phoenix, and they were very helpful and co-operative. Some time later, another member went to the same place, and the reception was not nearly as cordial. Don 't know why.

Try to show up at a time that is convenient to them. Monday morning and Friday afternoon are probably bad times, as is lunchtime and pre-holiday weeks.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Every trailer I have owned I replaced the mattress with high density foam. First two I bought from a local mattress manufacturer. They even stuffed it into the casing for me.

When I got my TM, I ordered memory foam mattress from Walmart. I simply cut it down to size And put on the bed slide . Btw it was a six inch memory foam and since that would not fit in the original TM case, I just left it in the casing it came in. I put the original mattress down the basement for future if I ever need it.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #4
Bookworm

Default Mattress question

Thanks - I have looked for foam wholesalers with no luck. Nearest towns of size are Austin and San Antonio. Have found some mattress manufacturers in San Antonio so will attempt to deal with them.

Sara - did you find that the 6 inch size foam mattress allowed your unit to close without binding? I'd love to get that thickness!!

Thanks for the ideas!

Barbara
Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I've said in other posts, what we use is a Coleman 4-in-one airbed. We have a 3" egg-crate on top. We inflate with a cheap 12v pump, and the whole bed is ready to go in about 3 minutes. I just deflate and leave in-place (a king-sized sleeping bag, cotton sheets inserted) for travel. Very easy to deal with.

Beats the heck out of hard foam, as we can make it as firm or soft as we like.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote