TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #1

Default Preventative Maintanance

Is there a group of checks or items that should be serviced on a regular basis?  Does such a list exist?
I am thinking of the kind of list you get when you get a new car and have 3000 mile services to be performed.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:47 PM   #2

Default Re: Preventative Maintanance

Personally, I would suggest cleaning and re-packing the wheel bearings once a year. Granted the type of axles TrailManor uses lets you grease the wheel bearings without dissasembly, you really should check your bearings and races for wear. Plus, it gives you a chance to check and adjust your brakes.

Also check and/or replace the anode rod in your water heater once a year.

I check my battery, (water and charge), trailer lights/turn signals, tire pressure, and lug nuts, before each trip.

Hope that helps
Mack
Old 02-13-2002, 03:33 AM   #3
arknoah

You might also add checking the battery in the smoke detector and any diagnostics you can do annually with the propane gas leak detector.

Old 02-18-2002, 03:18 PM   #4

1)  I go around the trailer at least visually checking every nut and bolt I can see.  If I can reach it, I check it by hand.

This year there were two cap nuts missing from the door-side bolts that pass through the walls of the trailer.   The cap nuts are interior nuts, the bolt heads on the exterior have Allen heads.

I also found some pieces floating around below the stove top, and a teflon hinge bushing is missing so the right rear of the stove top has no support.

2)  Take some good silicon lube (marine stores have the best stuff, IMHO) and give the hinges and twisty bits a light spray.

3)  Check the date code on your battery.