TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2004, 10:24 AM   #21
bonzaibeaver

Default Re:Specific Recommendations for Improving TM

Ed,

TM should give you the loan of a brand-new trailer, so you can use it while you write your manual and perhaps add to your already terrific checklists. After a year they could sell the trailer to you for fair market value (or less). That would be a win/win situation for both you and TM. The entire Trailmanor community would benefit from a deal like that.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Bonzaibeaver
Old 06-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #22
ess2
Site Sponsor

Caver & cc-Turtles: You are right I'm running out of time waiting for the perfect TM! Super 1 finally met my price on their last 04 3023 so I'll pick it up next week! This forum has been a great help in understanding the TM. I look forward to learning more & solving problems-if any!! I plan to pull it from AL Gulf Coast to Alaska Soon!!
ess2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:37 PM   #23
efelker

Bonzai:

As the saying goes, "... I could kiss you on the lips!"

Hey, Mr Hulsey, did you read what Bonsai said -- what a terrific!!!! suggestion -- and the manual would be incredible.

... but like so many other things that I've posted to this website, just one man's opinion.

Ed
Old 06-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #24
ccc6588

[quote author=kidsplayhouse link=board=22;threadid=1993;start=msg14102#msg1410 2 date=1086658024]
I would be very interested in knowing of any tricks people use to make this work easier and be safer.

[/quote]

I just removed mine and used an Allen Wrench approximately the same size as the holes in the leg. I bought an extra Allen wrench set for the cordless drill to use for the leveling jacks. I just used the one that was closest to the size of the hole. It will now take about 5 seconds to put on and you could put it so that the 90 degree angle of the Allen in the hole. Very easy and very secure. I just put the Allen Wrench in the door storage compartment inside the TM.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:50 PM   #25
ccc6588

[quote author=efelker link=board=22;threadid=1993;start=msg14177#msg1417 7 date=1086916415]
CCC:

You've given me some additional things to add to the checklist.

[/quote]

Ed,

On the equipment list, a high pressure capacity tire pressure gauge is needed. All the manual ones I had were 50 psi capacity. I found a nice one at Radio Shack for about 10 dollars. It is digital and lights up in the dark and has 125 psi capacity.

Very nice tool.

Also, the screw TM use is a special type, #2 square bit. A normal Philips or Allen will not do.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:24 PM   #26
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

[quote author=kidsplayhouse link=board=22;threadid=1993;start=msg14102#msg1410 2 date=1086658024]
We went to pick up our new 2720 on Friday (unfortunately due to incorrect wiring we had to postpone pickup). We did our walk through that day and the dealer had the same problem with the leg on the table. It fell apart on him as he was demonstrating how to set it up and take it down. He admitted he thought it was a very poor design. We also will be camping with 2 small children. I would be very interested in knowing of any tricks people use to make this work easier and be safer.
[/quote]
My wife seemed to have a knack for causing the table leg to fall apart whilst opening it. After 2 frustrating reassembly events, I vowed to catch her in the act.

It seemed, that while she was swinging the leg down, she would simultaneously be sliding the extension downward too. If done quickly it would travel past the proper engagement position and wack the floor, causing the leg to stop short of the proper spot. Then she'd swing the leg backward and start pushing and pulling on the slide mechanism. It would either fall out completely or jam hopelessly.

Since we learned to swing the leg fully into position first, then extend the slider - no problems.

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:17 PM   #27
ccc6588

My wife seemed to have a knack for causing the table leg to fall apart whilst opening it. Since we learned to swing the leg fully into position first, then extend the slider - no problems.

So do the dealers. It is a poor design. The insides of the leg and the tin are sharp so you have to be careful when reassembling. Also you have to sit underneath the table to try to fix it. I just use an Allen Wrench now. Can't get any simpler than that.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #28
katbird

Default I second this recommendation from ccc6588

Recommendations: #3 - Have some sort of access for the water tank for dry camping. A hole with a door approximately 3 inch by 3 inch (similar to outside shower) should do it. To put water in the tank, you have to open the shell. Both camping sites I went to where I had to fill up with water had severe slope which was less than ideal for filling up with water. The other option is to fill up at home and haul 20 gallons of water for the trip.

----I noticed that the when the TM is closed, one of the the windows is right over the valve for filling the fresh water tank. Has anyone thought about rigging a way to access it for filling through the window--possibly by leaving the latch unlocked? (but I guess this would damage the screen). I sure wish the factory would address this. I would prefer not to haul water for miles and miles, and since I cannot store the trailer at home I really have no option but to fill it at the campground when I get there.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:10 AM   #29
Queeniereads

I thought your suggestions were great , and I would underline the word "suggestions." For those of us who have not yet had a problem with the items you mentioned, it gives us things to watch for and ways to deal with them if they happen. I found your post most helpful! Some of the modifications did not sound particularly costly, and I assume TM might consider them in future versions. All of this was one reason I enjoy reading this forum -- helpful and positive. Happy camping! Queeniereads aka Judi
PS I would like to append a "smilie" but they do not have a QUEEN on there.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #30
michigander

Default Additional thoughts on improvements

We have a 2720SL. I would also like to be able to fill the water holding tank with the unit closed. I think it would also be important to be able to monitor the fill level while doing this. We have a minor leak where the filler hose connects to the tank and it would get quite messy if overfilled. I don't have any easy suggestions as to how to accomplish that! Perhaps a guage mounted on the outside?

I'd also like to have some ventilation in the bedroom at a higher level than the current windows. Something that could be open without compromising privacy so much. I don't think this would need to add to the cost of production.