TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
mbd4kids

Default Maintenance near Philadelphia??

Does anyone have a suggestion for a dealer or mechanic near Philadelphia who could adjust our torsion bars and level the arms on the shells? I called Stoltzfus but they are not comfortable trying, and while I am tentatively planning a trip to TN to the factory for this, it would be nice to have other closer options. (and I really am not sure if I could plan a vacation around maintenance with 4 kids waiting for fun
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

We have a decent Truck and RV repair shop just north of D.C. (right near the Metro's Red Line). Not sure if you want to plan a trip 2.5 hours from Philly though. But, there are a TON of things to do out here. Been here 15 years and still have a lot of things yet to see! My son would be in D.C. every weekend if he had the chance. He was at the Nat'l Zoo (free) and the American History Museum on Monday with his dad (no school). I had work to do, so I couldn't join them.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
Alvega007

Have you tried calling Reichart's Camping Center in Hanover, PA. That's where I got mine, they are an authorized dealer.

Phone: 717-637-2882
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
mbd4kids

Thanks for the suggestions. I will call Reicharts tomorrow. If no luck, I will consider the DC site. Thanks!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvega007 View Post
Have you tried calling Reichart's Camping Center in Hanover, PA. That's where I got mine, they are an authorized dealer.

Phone: 717-637-2882
I didn't even think of Reichart's. There is lots to see and do in and near Hanover. Also, they would specialize more in RV's than my place.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
gerry1950
BannedUsers

From experience. do not under any circumstances use Reichart's. I bought my 2010 2720SD from them and they loused the maintenance up so bad that I had to return to the factory twice to correct their mistakes. In addition, they serviced my brakes under warranty and did not install the adjuster spring so that the adjuster fell down and locked one wheel causing $5,000.00
damage to my new trailer. This was during our first trip and luckily not at highway speeds. They delivered my trailer to me with no inspection and numerous problems. I would not buy nor service a tri-cycle from them. I will be happy to provide documentation and pictures.
gerry1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd4kids View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for a dealer or mechanic near Philadelphia who could adjust our torsion bars and level the arms on the shells? I called Stoltzfus but they are not comfortable trying, and while I am tentatively planning a trip to TN to the factory for this, it would be nice to have other closer options. (and I really am not sure if I could plan a vacation around maintenance with 4 kids waiting for fun
I would suggest you read post #7 in this thread:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11464

...before going to the factory expecting to have your torsion bars adjusted. I would hate for you to make such a long drive only to come home empty handed. If I were you, I would read the articles here on how to do it, and do it yourself. But most importantly, take precise notes on what screws you turn and how far so you can revert back to how it was setup originally if you mess it up.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
moaboy

Interesting that we have had such different experiences with Reichart's. I bought a new 2009.5 2720 from them in September of 2008 (actually at the RV show in Hershey) and had a very good experience. I've not had any problems with my TM and they did an excellent job putting a hitch and brake controller on my TV. I did have a minor problem with one of my jacks that I over extended. I removed it and they fixed it at no charge.
They also added at no charge some minor, but improtant item's like a battery cut off switch etc.
Having said that, if one is handy at all, I'd second the suggestion to read up on making the adjustments from info on the Forum as I suspect that Recihart's (like many other TM dealers that also sell other RV's) don't necessarily have any expertise in adjusting the torsion bars.
Good luck.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
mbd4kids

Well, now I am stumped. While I could probably figure out how to adjust the leveling arms, I do not have a jack that could hold the weight of the front shell while I tried. I also can't loosen the screws anyway. I am the woman of the house, but the one who does all of the maintenance,etc, because my dear husband is wonderful with a pencil, but horrible with a tool. And while I have read about adjusting the torsion bars, I really don't "get" it. Any other suggestions? I really wish I lived closer to some of you!!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Question Where do You live?

We might be closer than you think! Give us a hint!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote