TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #1
angler_2

Default trailmanors worth the $ and are there problems?

After doing quite a bit of reserach into different trailers I have basically come to the decision that the trailmanors would fit our lifestyle the best but I'm starting to have some second thoughts. Noticed that many owners sell theirs after a few years yet there are others on this forum who seem to keep them for years. The web address below has some interesting reading from expereinced trailer owners who are providing some advice to one who is wondering to buy hi-low or trailmanor.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...g/16499413.cfm

They trashed the quality of trailmanor and also weren't too high on the h-low either. Are there realy so many problems with b roken latches, door problems etc with the trailmanors? Are the newer models less prone to problems with latches etc? I've read several threads here and other places talking about door and latch problems along with other repair issues but thought they were isolated. As an ex fifth wheel owner I'm aware fo the minor day to day upkeep required by trailers but these other trailer owners really seem to think that trailmanor has more than their fair share of systemic repair issues. omments such as "Worst trailer they have ever owned" is pretty strong. Also in my continuual search for a good used trailmanor I often read many ads where 2-3 year old units have had to have many things replaced such as water pumps, airconditioners, etc. Seems strange to me.

Also since I live in the wonderful west and we have many dirt roadsthat I'll be traveling on to get to the out-of-the-way places that we want to buy the trailer for.... is the road dirt/dust an issue with trailmanors? Never occurred to me that this would be an issue with a hardsided pop-up but I guess it seems plausable since there must be openings to allow the trailer to be setup and down.

Any thoughts and guidance from any of you out there. When you answer can you tell me how many years you have owned your trailmanor and experience compared to toher types of trailers you have owned. It would be much appreciated!
Irealy like the idea of ha ing a low profile trailer so we don't have to fith the wind and I don't think we will care about the extra effort and little inconveniences that come with a pop-up. Better than using our tent for base camps for our Rocky Mountian hikes.... but I would not be please if we found many quality issues with the trailmanors that required continuos and periodic repairs.