TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
camp2canoe

Default wardrobe track

With TM at least temporarily out of communication, I'm hopeful that one of you may be able to help. The wardrobe on my '05 2619 slides on a track screwed below the rear berth. There is a molding that slides inside that track and several of the rivets have pulled out leaving large holes in the molding. Basically the wardrobe is very unstable as it is now only fastened to the track at one corner. The track and corresponding molding seem to be very specialized products. Does anyone know where I can replace that piece of molding which is the depth of the wardrobe? - camp2canoe
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm not sure if it is the molding (on the wardrobe) or the track (below the edge of the bed) that is in trouble, but the fix ought to be the same. Assuming that the part is pulled off, but not actually broken, it does not need to be replaced. It just needs to be refastened.

Mine did the same thing several years ago, because (I admit it) I grossly overloaded the wardrobe for a long trip. The track, mounted below the edge of the bed, pulled off the screws, leaving big holes in the track. The screws were still solidly in the wood, so I just removed them, put on the biggest washers that would fit in the channel of the track, and put them back in the same holes.

If the original fasteners are rivets, I would suggest just drilling them out and replacing them with wood screws and washers.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

I've had to replace fasteners here too. Although I can't recall the exact details, I seem to recall having to remove the track from the TM because I had to rivet it from the reverse side (with a steel rivet). Like Bill, I used a washer on the side of the rivet that bulges as it's pulled. The original rivets just barely caught inside those holes.

I'd be able to say more specifically about what I did if I was looking at it, so if you still need more tips, let me know and I'll take a look when we open the TM up the next time.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
camp2canoe

So, I never did get a response from TM about buying a new piece of wardrobe track. (You'd think the owner would at least have someone to answer parts calls - any goodwill value TM might have is being lost!) I look the track off but couldn't find the right size pop rivets. A local machine shop attached the track to the piano hinge with five hollow rivets instead of the three used by TM. When I screwed everything back together I used a tube of liquid nails for a little extra security. We did about 800 miles to southern Missouri this weekend with two overnight stops and so far so good. - camp2canoe