TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > TrailManor Pictures
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2021, 10:38 PM   #21
BaconLover

Thanks Bill. The kids want to sleep in the trailer again, so we’ll set everything up again tomorrow, and I’ll check my setup. I’m pretty sure on my panel, Gas is blacked out and Electric is not. But yeah, I saw some other mistakes in the manual (like it only referred to a 20 gallon freshwater tank and the original Thefford toilet), so I’ll take it with a grain of salt that I have some mixed up stuff. I did manually rewrite down what Scott told us, so I’ll look at that again as well.

Did you get a chance to see my post about the baggage locks? Just wondering if that made sense and if you can do the swap out or not.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:02 AM   #22
us.beach.girl50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
Here are pictures of our new TM. You'll notice that it doesn't have the typical graphics because the person that ordered this originally asked TM not to put them on there.
Congratulations! I hope to find our new to us TM soon!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
us.beach.girl50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #23
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

If I can suggest, take pictures of all your appliance info tags. Once I got my rig home I opened it up and took pictures of just about everything. It helps to have a quick picture/reference which has serial numbers and model info when you have to search for info on said product. I read someones post on the trailer axel repair they had to do. They were not sure of the model or serial number since it was an old TM. After reading that hick up, I went out and got a shot of the axel product tag, so I have the serial number if I had to get a say no-adjust brakes for the rig. It can also help for insurance needs.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 10:47 PM   #24
BaconLover

Good idea! I also wrote down all of my serial numbers on a page that came with the TrailManor for the appliances.
Old 03-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #25
BaconLover

Default About that Water Heater Switch

So we finally checked that water heater switch panel by the kitchen sink...there’s nothing hooked up to the middle switch (the one that said Gas and Electric with Gas blacked out with a marker) at all. So good news is we have any extra switch that we could repurpose. It looks like the left switch (that says On and Off) is the on/off switch for the propane ignition for the water heater and the electric on/off is only available through the switch outside. So I guess that’s how the 2021’s work. I can have both propane and electricity to heat the water.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:42 AM   #26
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

As the pictures in my earlier posts show, I have made up a new panel with two switches and correct labels. On my rig, there is no switch on the water heater itself. My plan in the next few days is to buy another switch and put it into the empty hole in the water heater itself, wiring it in series with the switch on the panel. I can then control the heater from inside or outside. Fortunately, the exact same switch is available from Amazon and others, so it will be a simple job to snap it into place.

Why do this? An inside switch is real handy, especially if I arrive at a campground after dark or in the rain. But if the inside switch is the only switch, it is too easy to flip it on during setup, before the tank is filled, and burn out the element. And when I am closing the camper down, draining the water heater is an outside job, and an outside switch is more easily remembered.

In earlier days of the Forum, several of our members added a second indoor switch, in series with the outdoor switch (it is easy to do) for exactly this reason, and were pleased with it.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #27
2004 Maners
Site Sponsor

Very Nice !! In the 7th picture below the towel rack there is a brown rectangle thing . Ours is missing and TM hasn't responded to my email yet after a few months. Hoping you can give me a clue what it is. Thanks in advance !!
2004 Maners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:24 PM   #28
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

In front of the sink, down near the floor? It is the CO and propane detector unit. You should have one!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:35 AM   #29
Stephene1219

Is that an air mattress on the kin bed in the last picture
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:00 PM   #30
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Bill- My remodel doesn’t have backup lights either. Another thought I had to add them was to just install an LED strip in the rear bumper, and run the wires underneath to the fridge compartment. The wiring is there; my rear view camera was originally wired to the backup circuit but I moved it to the running light circuit to have rear view all the time.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote