TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
momto4girls

Default I've found a 2005 3023 for sale--advice so appreciated!

This would be a great floor plan for my family. I have two main concerns: 1. longer length might mean harder to back in or park. 2. The age.

Here is the sellers description. I really appreciate all the detail he included, but I need advice on what to follow up on or what if any issues should be a deal breaker.

"History - We are the third owners. The first owner bought it new from the factory. The second owners purchased it sometime around 2008 with hopes of camping with their grandkids. They only camped once a year until I purchased it in 2013.

A/C has new control unit (replaced Summer 2015). Compressor and thermostat are functional.
Fridge - three way power unit - Gas, electric, and battery. I could never get the gas portion of the fridge to work. It cools and maintains temp fine through electric or battery.
Hot water heater - 6 gallon gas or electric
AM/FM/CD/AUX input radio works. System has indoor speakers only
Battery is a deep cycle Marine. Replaced Feb 2016
Tires - New as of Summer 2015
No leaks in the water system. Outdoor shower is not operational due to pervious owner not winterizing properly. The line is capped off.
Grey and Black tank lines are secure and no leaks.
Sink in Bathroom has crack that has been patched with silicon.
Replaced bathtub faucet and shower head Spring 2014
Convection Microwave oven is in brand new condition. We only used it once to heat up water.
All three burners on the gas stove work.
The small rubber cap over the city water hook up is missing
Flooring is is excellent shape
Sofas and beds are in excellent condition. No stains, no tears
Awning is functional and is not mildewed.
Silicon seals around the entire trailer will eventually need replacing. We had plans to do this in the next year or so. It is an on going maintenance item that has to be addressed every four or five years.
Plastic edge bumpers on front of camper have cracked. I have contacted the company to see if I can purchase replacements. It does not effect the use or safety of the camper.

Purchase includes a few items, like an outdoor rug, grey water portable tank, indoor trash cans, all original manuals, propane tanks, sway bars and hitch, various tarps, and other misc items.

There is minimal wear on the body and interior, but it is not without it’s flaws for a model that is 11 years old. Trail Manors open on a lever system, and seal with velcro and vinyl flaps. You can find many videos on YouTube displaying the process. The seals are all secure, and we have had no leaking or issues on the inside. There are a few spots that are not as stiff as they were years ago. There are two spots that are the most obvious.

The seal under the front bed collects water runoff when it rains. This is a design flaw of 3023’s. It doesn’t effect the seal and the collection occurs outside the trailer on the underside, not on the inside. And since Trail Manors have no wood in the construction, there is zero chance of wood rot.

The rubber seal on the rear bed does not close completely, creating a draft at night. The area is about 1 inch by 2 inches. We solved the issue by placing a blanket the length of the bed against the wall."

What do the TM experts think? too many issues? How much does it cost to replace a roof AC unit? For any who took the time to read all this--THANK YOU! You are helping make my camping dreams come true.
momto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote