TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Pitbull

Default Picked up My New 2720SL

Everything went well, 900 miles total. I was very impressed with the quality of the materials used and the overall design/construction of the trailer. The trailer was incredibly smooth and stable at any speed. There is no need for any type of sway or weight dist system. I did drop 6 mpg towing. I'm not sure if that is too much. I got 20.5 (at 75 mph) without and 14.5 (at 65 mph) on the way back (GX460). Going through PA there were many long inclines (mountains) that required 4th gear (6 speed trans). Once in 4th gear it would maintain ANY speed, at any grade, no problem. The trailer is ROCK solid, it never lost stability or jumped around even after going over some really bad roads at highway speeds (and on turns). The radial 225/15s with the independent susp set-up works great. The only things so far that I think need to be modified is the fire extinguisher location (rubs when assembling the door) and the propane tank area (wires also) needs shielding. Also the bathroom walls needs some velcro to keep it from hitting the towel rack when assembling. I can't wait to take my first camping trip!

Koz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer at Home6.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	5739  
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Congratulations! Happy Camping!!!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
ng2951

Congratulations. It is a drag that you haven't camped in it yet! You will have fun though...
Old 04-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Congratulations! Happy Camping!!! I think you'll like the 2720SL as much as we do ours. Check your crimp connections under the refrig through the lower vent I had a lot of bad ones.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
bobhcs

Congratulations! That's exciting. In about a week I'll have my first Trailmanor too! What is your TV?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhcs View Post
Congratulations! That's exciting. In about a week I'll have my first Trailmanor too! What is your TV?
A Lexus GX460 with a 6500 lbs tow rating. It also has an auto leveling air spring susp with KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System) and an active computer controlled dampening susp AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension). All of which combined with the TrailManor’s design proved to provide an incredibly controlled ride.

Koz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Pickup01.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	5738  
Old 04-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
ng2951

Whose the ugly mug behind the wheel. Does the mug have a driver's license??

Just wait till the dog figures out what loading up the TM means. My two love going on trips. When the pardette was meeting me in Arizona I had the dogs for a week. I corrected all of their bad habits they had gotten in while she was away. The pardette was quite surprised and pleased.

Now they stay in the back seat, pick a spot to snooze. They only get up when we start to slow down (or I pop the electric locks a few times) or Chloe, the Dacshund, smells a Taco Bell (yes, she really can!).

Once they see me foldup up the TM, they go absolutely ape. If you open the front door of the house they bolt for the truck. I think they like it more than we do...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Congratulations. Know how you feel. We are picking up our new 2011 2720 Monday 18th April and can't wait. About same round trip, 800 miles (1200 Kms). Have been waiting about two months for the weather to clear up enough and the roads to be clear. The pick up date can't come fast enough.Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!D

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng2951 View Post
Whose the ugly mug behind the wheel. Does the mug have a driver's license??

Just wait till the dog figures out what loading up the TM means. My two love going on trips. When the pardette was meeting me in Arizona I had the dogs for a week. I corrected all of their bad habits they had gotten in while she was away. The pardette was quite surprised and pleased.

Now they stay in the back seat, pick a spot to snooze. They only get up when we start to slow down (or I pop the electric locks a few times) or Chloe, the Dacshund, smells a Taco Bell (yes, she really can!).

Once they see me foldup up the TM, they go absolutely ape. If you open the front door of the house they bolt for the truck. I think they like it more than we do...
That's my Colby Pitbull (he is a camping FOOL!). Once he sees me anywhere near the camper he goes nuts. If I open the door he will find a place inside and it becomes a problem to get him out. I think he thinks we bought the TM for him!

Koz
Old 04-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
A Lexus GX460 with a 6500 lbs tow rating. It also has an auto leveling air spring susp with KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System) and an active computer controlled dampening susp AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension).
I love it! Wish they put stuff like that on my Taco.