TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
modhatter

Default Campground costs and amenities

[Edit - This is the second half of a good post by modhatter. The first half discussed memory foam toppers, and is found here.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=10839.

Bill]

One other question I'm curious about. As cost is a factor for us, and I want this unit for long halls from southern Florida to Arizona to Colorado and back, I don't want to have to stop at expensive RV parks every night on route. Are there many parks available with just electrical hook up (as opposed to total dry boon docking) at a reasonable cost? What kind of cost? Do they usually require reservations way in advance (instead of being able to wing it as you go)

Are they usually far off the main highways when your trying to get somewhere using the major highway system? It is certainly worth it to me to drive out of my way a bit to find a pretty more natural setting to spend the night at, as opposed to some of the RV (full service) places I have seen. Better scenery as well as cost savings. I know we would have to break up our trip and stay at a FS RV park to dump and fill up our water supply and recharge battery etc, but I thought we could limit that to maybe every third night for that purpose.

Now please, no meanies lecturing me that if I am concerned with costs, I shouldn't be an RV'er. If I could afford it, I would have a regular class A vehicle, but I can't so I am trying to come up with a purchase that I can afford and still be able to enjoy the RV experience and the outdoors (as well as take our 2 dogs with us), and yes I am too old and decrepit for tenting. Just want to see some stuff before I check out here and trying to make a good decision, so any pre-advice is welcomed.