TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
dave.claude

Default Thetford RV80 Parts in Canada?

My local Canadian RV dealer that carries Thetford products(no local or Canadian TM support) says that the replacement parts etc. for the RV80 show as obsolete, making it not possible for them to order parts. Anybody been able to order online for the "gasket kit 09872" that I need to fix the famous bent and now torn gate seal? I'm used to ordering unusual things from the US via postal delivery.

This time of year the factory does not answer emails or the telephone.

Soon to have a working toilet(I hope) and non exploding 15" tires
Old 07-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

For some reason, Thetford is weird about selling the gasket kit alone. You may have to buy the entire Slide-EZ valve, part number 12836. I've done it both ways, but it wasn't easy. As you may have read, I had to threaten them with a $400 warranty repair if they didn't send me $2 worth of gaskets. They sent the gaskets.

In post #14 of the thread
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=5890
Dave / ShrimpBurrito gave links to a couple suppliers that still seem to have the gasket kit. Have you checked them?

The Slide-EZ valve is still advertised as being in stock at RV parts houses like PPLMotorHomes. A little pricey, for sure. Beyond that, when you ask about it, you might do well to describe the toilet as the Electra-Magic toilet, rather than RV-80. But I have found no indication that the toilet itself has been discontinued.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Check out my post #14 in this thread for the dealer I got it from:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...?t=7117&page=2

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
cjm368

I ordered the gasket kit through RVpartcenter for $11. No fuss, no muss just 2 months ago.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
larsdennert

Ah yes. CustomRV just sent me a new slide valve. It took a couple of weeks to ship from somewhere. Both the Thetford and the outside Black valve started leaking. The outside one was easy. I had my four year old do most of the work.

The inside one was less messy than I thought it would be but getting those clips back was a pain despite my home made hook tool. It's super tight now. For me it was worth replacing the whole valve. The foam gasket gets destroyed on dissassembly too. The lip of the slide valve seal was folded something bad. Seems like a good rule of thumb is to close that valve slowly and always leave it shut unless dumping.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #6
KenCan

Default Great source for Thetford/other toilet parts

I see it mentioned in a few posts around the forum, and I put a detailed post under "interior" for a good source of parts for the Thetford M80 toilet:

www.bradtech.ltd.uk
KenCan is offline   Reply With Quote