TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
HappyWDWCampers

Default More repair advice needed

I was hoping John would post this but he is busying taking the TM to storage *sniffle* so I am going to try to do it for him...

We have found that the track which the bathroom wall (by the sink) rides on is busted. It explains why we were having issues closing the bathroom door even when the TM is level. Upon inspection we have found it is so bad we think it needs replaced. Now, I understand from other posts that if I call TM they will probably sell me a new track. Here are my questions:

1) Has anyone replaced this themselves to know how hard of a job it would be to do it yourself or if we would be better off taking it to the local dealer?

2) We noticed the track is plastic. Has anyone found a metal equivalent that can be used?

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
Digger

Jackie
I had the exact same problem. I was able to reuse the plastic slide by drilling new screw holes and remounting it, not a difficult job. Ed at the TM factory is excellent to work with. If you need a new slide get a hold of him, anyone else……good luck. After remounting the wall, I figured it was time to fix what ever it was that was causing the problem to start with. I found that the top rear shell walls were slanted towards the curb side causing the sliding wall to hit the top of the side wall in the TM and leaving a gap at the bottom preventing it from sliding all the way in. After lots of trial and error I corrected the problem by adjusting the length of the four lift arms, longer on curb side and/or shorter on street side. Hope your fix is just replacing the slide but, If you end up having to take this action be sure you make the exact same adjustment to both front and rear arms on which ever side you’re working on. It took some work but now everything lines up and works like it should.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #3
HappyWDWCampers

We talked about drilling holes and remounting it but it is cracked in half all the way from the screw hole to the end of the rail... was yours like that? I hope we do not have the shell problem as well... I really hope it is just another bad side effect of the dealership we bought it from not putting the bathroom down properly... how did you figure out the problem you were having, is there some easy way to tell if that is our problem as well?
Old 10-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Digger

Can't remember just where the slide was cracked, just remember it was bad and the wall was flopping around pretty good, especialy when folded down. I was suprised I was able to re-use the old sliding hinge. You can check and see if you have the same problem as I had by standing in the front part of your TM and looking back at the sliding wall when it's up and pushed all the way in. If the top edge of the sliding wall is hitting the TM side wall and the bottom edge by the sink has a 3/4 inch or so space between it the side wall then you have the same problem I had. This kept the bathroom door from lining up properly and I think it put too much stress on the sliding hinge when the door was opened and closed.