TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
letsgo

Default front shell falling forward

Hello,

We just purchased a new to us 3225 (2000). When you go to pull the front shell forward it wants to dive forward, the balance point is about 6inches before the pins (with camper dead level, checked 8 different ways). The previous owner said they just pinned it with two people. However I think this is causing other issues. The pins have a lot of pressure on them and are bowing forward. There is a small gap between the bed and the front of the shell and you have to pull on the closing handle on the arm for the door to function (sliding shell back). Also the shell doesn't seem as secure as the rear shell which does not have this problem.

I tried backing the adjusting pin (not sure what it does but it looks like it would be for a stop) at the top of the lift arms but it does not help.

There is also a little bit of flare out on either side when the unit is closed.

Any help appreciated.
letsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

My 3023 front shell currently wants to rest past the vertical point on the rods, and I tracked it down to the pocket stop adjusting bolt having punched through the piece of frame it's supposed to stop upon. Read up on Pocket Stop in this forum. I will screw a steel plate into the pocket to fix this.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #3
letsgo

Thank you,

I too didn't realize the older TM's were wood...now I have to decide if I want to repair or sell and continue my search for the 2720 I originally wanted. Probably rig some straps from the frame to the sturip to pull it back in the short time and re-sell in the spring.

Before I adjusted the stops when I looked up they aluminum plate looked normal enough...after adjusting and reading your post on pocket stops I looked again and they had moved substantially...also see the wood framing which has some rot, which is probably why they failed in the first place.

Anybody want a tadom axle TM...Hear they are hard to find and tows like a dream.
letsgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustment, shell, torsion bars