TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #11
rajmoore

We just purchased a used TM last month. Our thoughts were as follows: we still wanted to go camping, we didn't want a "traditional" travel trailor which resulted in 6+ MPG fuel economy. We had a pop-up and wanted to keep that concept but have something easier to set up. TM fit the bill. I think Trailmanor is in a great position to expand their business.

Ron
rajmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongold View Post
Hi,

My wife and I are shopping around for a used Trailmanor, but we can't seem to find a site that lists the year-over-year changes. What little details were added, deleted or changed in 2000, 2001, 2002, etc? The overall quality seems incredible, but we can't find info about the details.

Dreaming of a TM,

Jason
Jason -

As you learned in the responses to your other thread on this same topic, you will probably not find a list of year-by-year changes to TMs. This includes major changes, not just the little details you are looking for. (I'm not sure you could find such a list for Toyota cars or Amana refrigerators, either.) The TM is an evolving product with a lot of engineering content, and changes are often introduced during a model year. In fact, they have been introduced at different times for different models.

If you are curious about some specific change, such as the change from square to round wheel wells, the membership here can converge on an approximate answer. But as for a list that you can skim down - I don't think I've ever encountered such a beast.

But don't let that discourage you. Climb aboard!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #13
Duane C.

Hi TM Family,

We are on our second TM. We sold our 1999 2720 SL last year and the phone was busy ringing with buyers. We listed it at the NADA price and the first person to see it bought it. It became a problem with others that same day giving offers much over the asking price, but I gave my word so it was sold.
We were looking for a TM because of all the things mentioned previously by other very SMART owners who value the combo of quality, light weight and solid engineering in an RV. We purchased both units used and paid a great cash price from the same dealer! (Talk about favor!)
We feel TM as a company will continue to thrive in this market. A big motor home or rig and 5th wheel is great for some but we aren't full time. A TM just makes sense to us and it's kind of like an insider secret among owners who smile kindly at the wacky questions we get asked about the trailer.
We also think it's great to be able to use it more, tow it easier and enjoy having it parked at home not at storage. Take a look at what you see when you drive by the RV storage sites, no TM's I bet.
I would not hesitate in buying a 2000 or newer unit. The core design has been very simular over the recent years and any questions you had on particular years can be posed to the TM dealer or on this Forum. Hope you take the plunge and join us, the waters fine!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:40 PM   #14
SigurdHoy

I would think that a TM is a good selection in this market. It folds down such that drag is reduced. What is more it can be towed with a van, at least the smaller models can. We selected a 2619 to be towed with s Sienna van and that is working well for us. The drop in mileage is not huge and we have our "home" with us. I would think that a TM will depreciate less than the other RV's out there. Anyway, we took the "plunge" with a 2619 2009 model. By the way, the dealer markup's on RV's is huge.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
larsdennert

In general I don't think the fuel savings by itself makes a good argument for purchase considering the TM costs about twice what a regular TT with equivalent features has. You'll never make up the fuel savings.

However, for towing ease and storage the TM is hard to beat. I cringe when I see how much full size TT's sway on te freeway.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #16
PopBeavers

I can get outside storage in a gravel parking lot, fenced with combination gate but no video security and no security on site for about $100 per month.

So far I have saved $4,300 by parking the TM in the garage. Besides being secure it is out the sun and rain.

I don't think the price is double. When we bought our TM new for $24,000 a similar regular TT was about $18,000. A lot depends on what you think similar is.

So using my $18,000 comparison I have just broken even. Now I am saving money every month.

I intend to keep the TM another 10 years.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

I like your thinking Pop! 6 years x 12 months x 100 = $7200. (We've had the trailer since 2001 but had to pay to store it in our other house - couldn't get it turned and up the steep driveway).

I still am not sure it really pays off, but what we get is priceless anyway.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote